Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:21 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,253,094 times

Advertisements

Still here in CT.

Government agency is taking its sweet time, and both they and the buyer's mortgage broker are completely uninterested in the fact that two families are sitting around in empty houses. Or that my husband is losing $200 a day, having given up his job, and needless to say, he can't start a business in Florida when we're not in Florida. Or that I just had to fork over $219 to store my Packrats pod for a month.

Good news: Mr. Grumpy Seller, who I have now learned is not just Grumpy, but Psychopathic, has allegedly agreed to a two-week extension. My realtor is practically speechless -- she's known him for three years and has never seen him do anything remotely like this. Apparently, whenever something goes bad on a RE deal, he doesn't do what's best for him financially -- instead his sole interest is in sticking it to whoever pissed him off, no matter what it costs him.

So, we'll see if he signs the extension or changes his mind. We're still in awe of the title agent who convinced him to do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 11:35 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,683,261 times
When the market was in the doldrums several years ago our daughter had friends who were job transferred and wanted to buy house in my daughter's neighborhood...
since house had been on market for more than year and hadn't sold, the sellers were willing to take a contingency contract because her friends had a home to sell in the DFW TX area...

They had house up for sale and had offer fairly quickly which they took--from couple who were SE Asian or Middle Eastern and apparently getting their money from out of the country...although our friends didn't know where the money was coming from...

there is requirement that any money coming from out of the country has to be deposited in US bank for maybe 30 days before it can be used for closing...
Their realtor didn't know this--she was a ditz bomb in other ways as well...
they went to closing and the buyers weren't able to close--
their agent was a dunce--didn't know that rule--

My daughter's friends lost their financing because of the failure to close--had to reapply--which was beneficial because rates had dropped and they got better terms...
the people buying their house couldn't close as per the contract (and they had no bailout clause to help them) so they had to give us their earnest money but they still wanted the house vs shopping for another one...so they redid the contract w/another earnest money deposit...

The sellers of the FL house didn't have much choice as far as allowing an extension on their sale/ close--since there were no other buyers coming around...and in a really nice move, they let my daughter's friends move in before closing by paying rent--so they didn't need to put their furniture in storage--
since they had already packed up and had everything on a moving van coming from TX anticipating the original closing date...

It was a horrible time--because the TX couple were separated since husband had gone to FL for job and she was working at her job in TX...

my sympathies--

Old 05-01-2014, 12:00 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,095,278 times
Keep these stories coming. I feel better hearing that other people have real estate transactions full of drama, angst, incompetence, high points,low points, and best of all--conclusions. Misery loves company.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
Keep these stories coming. I feel better hearing that other people have real estate transactions full of drama, angst, incompetence, high points,low points, and best of all--conclusions. Misery loves company.
I'm doing my best, Cardiff.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:23 PM

By the way, have I mentioned that SoFLGal kicks butt and takes names?

Old 05-01-2014, 03:31 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,095,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I'm doing my best, Cardiff.
You have done more than your share. It is time for the happy resolutions/conclusion stories.

I will share a gov/bank incompetence story. We are selling a condo to a Marine captain (who is trainer at 29 Palms or 29 Stumps as the homies call it) and his very very pregnant, very high strung wife who is due May 15. He sort of wants to close ASAP so he can get her moved before the big event. Closing was supposed to be April 23, then April 30, then May 7 and now May 15. In between these closing dates, the VA loan officer keeps making the close date May 15. We (collectively) have tried to move up to the next ASAP date, she relents, moves it up, and then moves it back. Makes me suspect she has a quota and is ahead, so she is trying to bank their closing. I guess she could be swamped, but where is the empathy for a woman due to pop with her first? And her serving-our-country-at-the cost-of-family husband?

Her lastest reason (excuse) is she has asked the Captain for information about the HOA. He doesn't have it. Why would he? The escrow officer has it and has tried to give it to the loan officer. But she won't interact with the escrow agent and insists it has to come from the captain. So our agent has to get it from the escrow officer, give it to the Captain, and have the Captain give it to the loan officer. How stupid is that?

Can you spell bureaucracy?

Last edited by Cardiff by the Sea; 05-01-2014 at 03:46 PM..

Old 05-01-2014, 08:21 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,870,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
By the way, have I mentioned that SoFLGal kicks butt and takes names?
Thank you JMQueen! Glad you're hanging in there and I know it's tough.

I'm hoping we can get the mortgage broker in CT to come along with the plan. They're defiantly not an easy crowd to deal with.

I have confidence we'll pull this through

Old 05-02-2014, 09:21 AM

288 posts, read 451,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
I could tell you about our long distance buy years ago I still suffer

Old 05-02-2014, 09:31 AM

288 posts, read 451,623 times
jmqueen, hang tough, the reward is awesome

Old 05-02-2014, 10:26 AM

Thanks, kids. Cardiff, wish I could provide a success story, but mine just got worse.

My buyer's loan, which we've been waiting on since the original closing date on Monday, fell through. He was pre-approved so we don't know what was going on. He's trying with another mortgage broker who is allegedly flexible and fast … but I have to have the funds by May 14 so I don't lose the Florida house.

My realtor says he's never had something like this happen in 41 years in the biz.

What a mess.

Cardiff, you must keep us posted because now I'm also terribly worried about that poor pregnant wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area