Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 03:54 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,920,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
I'm not sure where you saw this but I've seen 34202 designated as Lakewood Ranch since the Lakewood Ranch post office opened.
When I get stuff mailed to my post box on rt 70 34202 the post office would automatically change the town to Bradenton. Now it automatically changes it to LWR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 07:56 PM

4,592 posts, read 7,481,299 times
I don't suppose that you have read the board rules regarding no personal attacks? This thread needs to lighten up a bit.....

I will jump in and add a comment regarding listings in the MLS. When we enter a new listing we type either the property ID number or street address and the system automatically fills quite a bit of information from the property tax assessors website. Homes with a 34202 zip code show as Lakewood Ranch and homes in 34211 zip code show as Bradenton even though most homes are also Lakewood Ranch. So if you have issues with the labels, talk to someone in the country government.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:47 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,095,894 times
To the original poster and back on topic.

I know almost nothing about Bradenton but in a couple of drive-throughs to the beach, I thought northwest Bradenton was very pretty and clean. I am talking about the area near DeSota Memorial. And from some past research I think there is a nice elementary school in that area. I have no idea about cost. If I were going to look for a place, this is where I would start.

Here is another vague impression for you that may be totally wrong. If it is, I am sure someone will correct me. I think the area between the Tamiami Trail (highway 41) and interstate 75 is a higher crime area as you get close to downtown. I think somewhere south (closer to Sarasota) and also further east (closer to Lakewood Ranch), this turns into a nicer neighborhood, but not sure were the boundaries are of this "beware" neighborhood. And there may be pockets in here that are interesting and great for all I know.

But as I said, I really know nothing about the area. I just feel bad for you that your thread was so badly derailed that your questions aren't being addressed. So maybe this post will get the discussion going for you again.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:21 AM

244 posts, read 371,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyismyname View Post
My husband has a relocation opportunity in Bradenton. We are unfamiliar with the area and have been researching homes, schools, etc. We have an 8yr old daughter and 2 dogs. We plan on renting the first yr. or 2 and would like to keep rent in the 1300 range. We are in our 30s, and would like a safe area with good schools. We would be fine in a smaller neighboring town, we just don't want a terribly long commute. Anything 45min or under would be fine. I work in the medical field and would eventually go back to work, so nearby hospitals in relation to recommended towns would be great. I saw there is Manatee Memorial in Bradenton.

I have lived in Destin and he has lived in Naples, but are currently in Cincinnati and just not sure where to look in the Bradenton area. Any information would be much appreciated!

We have the same situation as you, my daughter is 8 and we have 2 older dogs, as far as renting you should be able to find a house or nice condo for 1300/month, we are building in LWR, we are hoping our daughter gets accepted to Saint Marthas catholic school in Sarasota but are investigating some other schools as well. We just visited Lost Creek apts last week in LWR for a rental, they were approx 1300/month and felt like you were living in a resort. very nice option, they require a 60 day notice to move out so i don't know if that will work for us but you may want to check it out, Jason was very helpful.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:22 AM

17 posts, read 22,773 times
I am looking at a few cities in Florida and Bradenton is one of them. Is Bradenton a party town? Relaxed town(laid back)? I'm a single woman who knows how to have fun if I want to, but I mainly like peace and quiet. Other towns I'm looking into are Dunedin and Ocala so far. I know this is a forum for Bradenton but I thought I'd throw those names out to see if anyone has input on those cities as well.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:26 PM

248 posts, read 533,813 times
If I was single, I wouldn't want to move to Bradenton. It's very quiet, laid back, family neighborhoods. I only lived in Bradenton, so I can't suggest anywhere else. For the original poster, Lakewood Ranch is very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area