Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 09:14 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,347,955 times

Advertisements

All-cash deals account for nearly half of all home sales - May. 8, 2014

Once riddled with foreclosures, Cape Coral, Fla., had the highest level of all-cash deals at nearly 74% of first quarter sales, according to RealtyTrac. Four other Florida cities followed: Miami (67%), Sarasota (65%), Palm Bay (64%) and Lakeland (62%).

What does this mean? I dont know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 09:30 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
The article mentions investors but I think it is, in large part, people up north who are either relocating, or buying a second home for themselves, with proceeds from the sale of their property up there or with savings that they will replace following a sale that is coming soon. It may also be a reflection on the nonsense going on with lenders. I recently heard about a borrower who would otherwise qualify in all respects for a loan but who was rejected because the lender decided the property was too far from the borrower's workplace!

Old 05-08-2014, 09:49 AM

282 posts, read 382,257 times
It could be retired people moving, but I would think cash sales are also a sign of foreclosure sales being bought by investors as the article states. Put both of those factors together, and you get a high percentage of cash purchases.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:12 AM

252 posts, read 371,229 times
I know up here in Canada, you can't get a loan on US property, at least through traditional banks. It's all equity financing, which translates into a cash sale down there.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:25 AM

288 posts, read 452,763 times
Wowser, the market 'up north' must be rockin' when they get so much out of it to buy in Sarasota.
The Herald Tribune had an article of a Siesta Key property, that was snatched by an investment company, they listed it for about 200k more shortly after...not sold yet...but I'm wondering if there are more of such companies....

Old 05-08-2014, 12:14 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,105,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico777 View Post
Wowser, the market 'up north' must be rockin' when they get so much out of it to buy in Sarasota.
The Herald Tribune had an article of a Siesta Key property, that was snatched by an investment company, they listed it for about 200k more shortly after...not sold yet...but I'm wondering if there are more of such companies....
Homes that people have lived in for 25 years have a lot of equity.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:24 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
The article mentions investors but I think it is, in large part, people up north who are either relocating, or buying a second home for themselves, with proceeds from the sale of their property up there or with savings that they will replace following a sale that is coming soon. It may also be a reflection on the nonsense going on with lenders. I recently heard about a borrower who would otherwise qualify in all respects for a loan but who was rejected because the lender decided the property was too far from the borrower's workplace!
My buyer was turned down for the same reason. He planned to transfer (18 years with Starbucks, currently a manager) to CT from NJ, but didn't want to commit to the transfer until he got his house here. So they turned him down because of the commute he was prepared to make for a few weeks after he bought the house while he waited for his transfer to go through.

Thankfully he went to a different broker and was approved immediately.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:01 PM

118 posts, read 184,812 times
In my case and probably many others, stock investments are up 50% or more over the last 2 years. Taking some of the gain and diversifying into Fla real estate.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:11 PM

174 posts, read 409,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsup View Post
In my case and probably many others, stock investments are up 50% or more over the last 2 years. Taking some of the gain and diversifying into Fla real estate.
The above and also having some equity in their homes after paying off the mortgage when selling their residence.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:25 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
I have a very large percent of cash buyers and they are not investors, they are snow birds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area