Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 07:33 PM

26 posts, read 32,638 times

Advertisements

Going to be in Bradenton soon. Will need to buy a car, (cash), possibly lease returned vehicle, or credited Toyotas-Hondas? Small economical like Corolla or Civic.

Any suggestions for a dealer??

Thanks,
happytwo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 07:37 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,347,326 times
There's more used car lots than you can shake a stick at.

--> Get it inspected (Will cost you $100, but worth it!) If the dealer wont let it be inspected, run.

--> Run the title, encourage the dealer to see the Carfax. If they dont offer you it, or just say "OH ITS VERY CLEAN", run.

--> Look on Edmunds.com for the car and see average pricing and repair data. Look at total cost of ownership values.

--> Ignore everything the salesman says. He's there to make a profit, not to sell you something thats best for you.

--> Google the year, make, model with problems. Such as "2004 Honda Accord Problems" and see what the most common problems are and check for them, as well.

Have fun.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:10 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,049 times
You could also check the rental companies- Avis, Hertz, Enterprise for cars they are turning over. I've looked at the Avis site and they run the gamut from 15K-30K miles and are priced based on year, mileage, and options. I believe they have locations in Tampa and Ft. Myers.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:42 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,688,778 times
when i was moving here I researched the type of car i wanted online, and when I was flying down I contacted the dealer (Firkins) to let him know i was coming the next day, taxied from the airport to the dealer, test drove it, bought it and was out of there in an hour. they then prepped the car and delivered to my doorstep the next day.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoman_6 View Post
when i was moving here I researched the type of car i wanted online, and when I was flying down I contacted the dealer (Firkins) to let him know i was coming the next day, taxied from the airport to the dealer, test drove it, bought it and was out of there in an hour. they then prepped the car and delivered to my doorstep the next day.

I appreciate everyone's help, but this is the kind of info I'm looking for. I know what make, model and etc, etc I want. I'm looking for names of reputable dealers that also had great service.

The good thing for us is, I don't need to do this the day I arrive, we have friends we will be staying with for a few days.

Thanks again,
happytwo

Old 05-15-2014, 11:50 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,104,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytwo View Post
I appreciate everyone's help, but this is the kind of info I'm looking for. I know what make, model and etc, etc I want. I'm looking for names of reputable dealers that also had great service.

happytwo
Not trying to be snarky, but is there really such a thing as a reputable dealer with great service? And more than one????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN8S2lQYzwE

Old 05-15-2014, 02:36 PM

HA! HA! Cardiff by the Sea,

I didn't have time to watch the video, but can just imagine.

I just checked online for car insurance, HOLY CRAP! $$$$$$$

Old 05-16-2014, 06:58 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
how about the car insurance?
where/how did you get that from?

Old 05-16-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
how about the car insurance?
where/how did you get that from?
Got information on car that I would like to buy. Online car insurance quotes from Progressive, Esurance, and Geico.

Looks like the legal good drivers, have to PAY for the illegal, unlicensed, uninsured driver here??

Old 05-16-2014, 07:47 AM

274 posts, read 855,379 times
I had a really good experience at Hendrick Honda in Bradenton. Yes, just like any other car lot, they will try to up sell you, but the cars are in great shape and we were able to negotiate a really good deal with them. Just know that you have to walk in there WILLING to talk them down and that they expect you to. Since you're paying in cash, you've got a lot more room to haggle! We bought our Accord there for several thousand under KBB value.

DO NOT go to the Ford dealer in Sarasota- very sketchy experience there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area