Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Status: "Help with delayed negotiations please" (set 16 days ago)

28 posts, read 44,022 times

Advertisements

Hi again!

My husband has a possible transfer coming up in Punta Gorda and we are very excited! We hope to settle in Nokomis eventually, but for now this is the plan. We have been scouting out pet friendly places to rent and were not having much luck until we found an apt in the Toledo Club apartments. It is so hard to choose a place to live while still here in Ct!! They look nice and I have read a few good things about them here on the forum. But there really isn't too much info and I am a bit anxious! The hard part is that once the transfer is approved we would have to move rather quickly. Has anyone lived in or had any experience with the Toledo Club? Maybe you know someone who has or does live there?
This will be for a year while we hopefully sell our house, find a house in the Nokomis are and settle in!! Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 07:17 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
I don't have any experience with them but there are quite a few reviews online: Toledo Club Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other North Port apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 09-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Status: "Help with delayed negotiations please" (set 16 days ago)

28 posts, read 44,022 times
Thank you SoFlGal! We are planning on settling down in Nokomis where you suggested on my first post, we love it there! Thank you for the suggestion and the link here too!

Old 09-16-2014, 08:10 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini435 View Post
Thank you SoFlGal! We are planning on settling down in Nokomis where you suggested on my first post, we love it there! Thank you for the suggestion and the link here too!
Hey awesome! Nokomis is an awesome little town. Welcome to the area

Old 10-09-2014, 05:15 PM

142 posts, read 242,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini435 View Post
Hi again!

My husband has a possible transfer coming up in Punta Gorda and we are very excited! We hope to settle in Nokomis eventually, but for now this is the plan. We have been scouting out pet friendly places to rent and were not having much luck until we found an apt in the Toledo Club apartments. It is so hard to choose a place to live while still here in Ct!! They look nice and I have read a few good things about them here on the forum. But there really isn't too much info and I am a bit anxious! The hard part is that once the transfer is approved we would have to move rather quickly. Has anyone lived in or had any experience with the Toledo Club? Maybe you know someone who has or does live there?
This will be for a year while we hopefully sell our house, find a house in the Nokomis are and settle in!! Thank you
I lived there 2 years ago. They're under new management since, so I can't speak to that. There's concrete in between the floors, which helps with noise reduction, but you can hear the people next door like they're in your living room with you. My apartment was very clean. No roaches (my other apartment in Lakewood Ranch was infested with large, flying cockroaches, called palmetto bugs. I finally figured out they were getting in through the washed/dryer vent.) You can't tell if an apartment will be bug-free by the looks of it: look behind the washer (I once saw a dead roach there when touring an apartment, needless to say I didn't sign a lease there).

I did have a tarantula-like spider, fuzzy and fat and with a body bigger than the palm of my hand, in my Toledo Club apartment, but that was my fault for leaving the sliding glass door open at night. I guess they can sneak in under the screen door? And I had a rattlesnake rattle at me when I walked out the back door. It's really like Jurassic Park down there in North Port. I'm moving away from FL soon, can't get out fast enough.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:35 AM

288 posts, read 452,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by October_Pumpkin View Post
I lived there 2 years ago. They're under new management since, so I can't speak to that. There's concrete in between the floors, which helps with noise reduction, but you can hear the people next door like they're in your living room with you. My apartment was very clean. No roaches (my other apartment in Lakewood Ranch was infested with large, flying cockroaches, called palmetto bugs. I finally figured out they were getting in through the washed/dryer vent.) You can't tell if an apartment will be bug-free by the looks of it: look behind the washer (I once saw a dead roach there when touring an apartment, needless to say I didn't sign a lease there).

I did have a tarantula-like spider, fuzzy and fat and with a body bigger than the palm of my hand, in my Toledo Club apartment, but that was my fault for leaving the sliding glass door open at night. I guess they can sneak in under the screen door? And I had a rattlesnake rattle at me when I walked out the back door. It's really like Jurassic Park down there in North Port. I'm moving away from FL soon, can't get out fast enough.
Going down my checklist, I noticed I forgot to buy a defibrillator I can deal with bears, moutain lions and snakes but I draw the line at the above mentioned eight legged....gasp....can barely say it....spider.... I wonder if I would make points with the local law enforcement if I call 911

Old 10-11-2014, 06:02 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico777 View Post
Going down my checklist, I noticed I forgot to buy a defibrillator I can deal with bears, moutain lions and snakes but I draw the line at the above mentioned eight legged....gasp....can barely say it....spider.... I wonder if I would make points with the local law enforcement if I call 911
Probably a wolf spider. They start out small in the spring and they grow larger toward fall. They usually are active at night outside. During the day they hide in small crevices. You have to be careful at night because they often can be on the outside wall of the home or outside on the ground. If you leave the door open they will get inside.

They generally have a very small home range and they stick to an exact routine within a few feet of that home range. So if you have one that hangs out on the exterior wall of your garage, you likely will see it in the same spot each night.

They don't create webs. They move pretty fast for short bursts...almost like they are on wheels.

http://www.wildflorida.com/wildlife/...lf_Spiders.php

Wolf spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spiders of Florida

Identifying Florida Wolf Spiders | eHow

Old 10-12-2014, 06:44 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,103,833 times
Please pass the defibrillator! A spider as big as your hand! I agree with the comparison to Jurassic Park.

Thanks for the informative post Sware2cod.

Old 10-12-2014, 02:06 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,371,973 times
We had wolf spiders in our basement in our house up north. I saw it once and never went back down there. It was huge, really huge.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:53 AM

288 posts, read 452,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Probably a wolf spider. They start out small in the spring and they grow larger toward fall. They usually are active at night outside. During the day they hide in small crevices. You have to be careful at night because they often can be on the outside wall of the home or outside on the ground. If you leave the door open they will get inside.

They generally have a very small home range and they stick to an exact routine within a few feet of that home range. So if you have one that hangs out on the exterior wall of your garage, you likely will see it in the same spot each night.

They don't create webs. They move pretty fast for short bursts...almost like they are on wheels.

Wolf Spiders - Florida eco travel guide

Wolf spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spiders of Florida

Identifying Florida Wolf Spiders | eHow
Arghh....the six spotted fishing spider eats small fish and amphibians??? There goes my water view property wish lol

Thank you for the informative link, it is def. interesting to browse, but it won't prevent me from screaming and running the other way during a live encounter Somebody was posting that spraying with peppermint oil outside could prevent pests inside, I am considering adding it to the laundry too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area