Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2014, 04:32 PM

251 posts, read 409,784 times

Advertisements

Yes, I realize this is the Sarasota forum, and I've also solicited information on the Tampa Bay forum. They don't always give a great response when people ask about where to live. You guys are experts at that here!

My DD just got a new job in Tampa and based on all our research on apartments in the Brandon or Crosstown Expressway area just north of Brandon will be most convenient for her job. If any one does have knowledge about areas that would be safe and perhaps where to avoid, I'd really appreciate it. Please message me.

We're going to check out lots of apartments tomorrow because she starts and has to move by November 1.

If there are general rules of thumb like E of I-75 is better than west, that would help too.

If only Stepford Ranch was closer to her job, she would certainly live here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 04:51 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,349,651 times
It's near the "old" mall, that's all I know about Brandon.

My question to you is, what's a "DD"?

Old 10-17-2014, 05:17 PM

DD is dear daughter.

Yes, and the traffic near that "old" mall is no doubt worse than "our" mall.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:19 AM

707 posts, read 1,053,087 times
That's why the land is only good for apartments. No one wants to live near it permanently.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:01 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,108,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post

My question to you is, what's a "DD"?
I can't believe a young hip guy like you doesn't know all the internet slang.

Old 10-19-2014, 01:47 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,682,522 times
I've really been impressed with Courtney Palms. They are condos that you can rent if you are lucky enough to find one. There's also a brand new apartment complex on Falkenburg, I think it's called The Oasis. It looks nice, but I don't have nay info because it's just been built. There are lots of nice places to live in the Brandon area and I've found it to be very convenient and safe.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:35 PM

390 posts, read 610,177 times
Depending on context "DD" can also mean designated driver.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I've really been impressed with Courtney Palms. They are condos that you can rent if you are lucky enough to find one. There's also a brand new apartment complex on Falkenburg, I think it's called The Oasis. It looks nice, but I don't have nay info because it's just been built. There are lots of nice places to live in the Brandon area and I've found it to be very convenient and safe.
Interestingly enough, The Oasis at Brandon is where she ended up signing the lease yesterday. You can't beat brand new and being the first to live in an apartment. Courtney Palms was on the list to check out, but each CL ad we responded to had just been rented it seems.

Thank you for the input about it being nice and safe. As a young single female that is important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area