Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 12:34 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,137,294 times

Advertisements

Please read the following:

$230 / 3br - Sandy beaches.This experience is waiting just for you (Siesta Key)

3BR / 2Ba condo available now

It is located in Siesta Key with incredible beaches, and tempting restaurants.

Go ahead spoil yourself in this lovely three bedroom, two bath condominium that sleeps 8. You will experience no freer feeling than the fresh air next to your skin or listening to the waves as they come crashing to the sandy beaches. This experience is waiting just for you.

The Pacific Ocean is very visible the master bedroom. Or you can even view the ocean from a rocking chair on the balcony. This condo location is perfect for enjoying the view or taking a walk o the beach.

...now did you read what I did? I had to go on CL as every once in a while we get calls from tourists who are either about to get scammed or find out that they were scammed when I explain to them how the reservation process actually works. So, if you're planning to rent a condo on the beach this winter, make sure you call the condo office or property management company that manages the property before you give out your credit card number. I know that sounds crazy but I have had people this past year show up & their reservation is invalid as it did not book through the office or our website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 03:35 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,999,199 times
Pacific Ocean, huh!?

Wow, I had no idea those blatant scams were actually out there.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:51 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,347,326 times
Oh, I could go on and on about people calling the Gulf of Mexico the ocean. At least they didnt call it the Atlantic Ocean.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:55 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,104,685 times
Re the ocean off west Florida

Hubby used to live in St Pete with first wife. His grandmother came to visit. They took her to the beach which required crossing many causeways.

When they actually got to the beach, she said "I've been studying on this and I can't figure which way this water runs. If I went that way (pointing due west) where would I be? My husband and his daughter simultaneously answer "Texas".

She whacks my husband up the side of the head, and says "Now R______, don't you do me that way. I may not know much, but I know you don't have to cross no ocean to get to Texas."

Old 09-28-2014, 02:47 PM

C'mon now...Siesta key/Pacific Ocean...I don't think so. Do not book a beach rental w/o checking a map.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:22 PM

Update: I just received a call on this CL ad this afternoon ~ believe it or not & prospective guest missed "...the pacific ocean..." clarifier ~ I had them re-read it & then they "got" it.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:12 AM

707 posts, read 1,051,742 times
$230 for a 3br condo on Siesta Key. Per night? Your post doesn't specify. How is that a scam, per se?

Old 10-08-2014, 07:42 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbarr2000 View Post
$230 for a 3br condo on Siesta Key. Per night? Your post doesn't specify. How is that a scam, per se?
Read a little further: "The Pacific Ocean is very visible the master bedroom. Or you can even view the ocean from a rocking chair on the balcony."

I didn't know you could see the Pacific Ocean from Siesta Key. We should have bought there instead of Venice where you can only see the Gulf of Mexico.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbarr2000 View Post
This is a scam because the description including "the Pacific Ocean" plus photos are "off". Luckily yesterday's guest had enough sense to contact our reservation office directly.

IMO ~ contact the source before booking any kind of online vacation rental.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:16 AM

707 posts, read 1,051,742 times
Ah, it's a scam because of the photos we can't see, and someone who doesn't live here full time mistakenly typed "pacific". Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area