U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:30 AM

3,642 posts, read 6,706,084 times

Advertisements

second the Crows Nest
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 11:42 AM

1,380 posts, read 5,667,962 times
Some of my favorites are:
Pelican Alley on the intercoastal in Nokomis on Albee Rd just before the bridge.
Honoluana on Venice Island by the airport - good food and live music
Curry Creek on 41 west side - just as you get into Nokomis everything is first rate.
Stump Pass Grille - Tiki hut on Lemon Bay - 775 to Maryland - try the wings and sea food chowder. Englewood
Zedco Grill on 775 - Cajun cuisine. Englewood
South Beach Restaurant on Gasparilla Island (Boca Grande) beach side restaurant on the south end of the island. It's a long drive from Venice but I think it's worth it. I haven't seen the ghost in several years.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:15 PM

162 posts, read 211,531 times
If you want a great take-out gyro try Maxx's gas station on Clark Rd. about a mile from the Trail--Rt. 41. There's a Mexican place a little bit farther up the road heading to I-75, same side of the road in a strip mall, very near Swift Rd. which has absolutely great burritos, big enough to feed 2 for about five bucks. The Chinese place in the Clark/Swift S/C, near Sweetbay, has really good Kung Pao Chicken and soup--make sure you get the noodles to go with soup.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:45 PM

48 posts, read 181,151 times
Euphemia Haye was pretty good when I was there. Great service, nice food. Nice setting. Pricey.

Looking for some great food, cheap? Try Miss Saigon on 301 north of Fruitville. It is a Vietnamese place, and the food is typical - very fresh, plentiful, lots of flavor.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:27 AM

35,619 posts, read 55,181,985 times
I plan on printing out this list when I go to visit my daughter in Venice next time

keep the suggestions coming

there is nice sandwich shop that opened close to where she teaches at PineView School...not fancy --can't remember the name--but is in little strip mall with gas station--good quality meat and prices are not that bad
hope it is still open when we return...

Old 09-14-2008, 10:36 AM

1,217 posts, read 2,666,747 times
Smile Venice restaurant

Bushido in downtown Venice is FABULOUS. Best sushi and Japanese food we've found on either Florida coast. Small place but well run, service excellent. We've eaten there several times and also done take-out.

Sarasota- I have heard about Miss Saigon as mentioned above. It's on my list when we're in the area. Wish Englewood had Vietnamese or Thai

Old 05-24-2009, 11:09 AM

151 posts, read 583,988 times
The Saltwater cafe is excellent on US 41 between Venice and Sarasota in Nokomis. 1071 Tamiami Trail N, Nokomis FL 34275, 941-488-3775 (P) Saltwater Cafe | Seafood Restaurant | Nokomis FL | Home of Chef Rolfs New Florida Kitchen

Old 05-24-2009, 02:41 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,666,747 times
Update: Tried Miss Saigon and would give it 7 out of 10. Nice but not FABulous.

10 stars though for Pacific Rim on Hillview St. Get there for happy hour and in the bar area (only) they have $4 small plates of yummy food, lots of choices including shrimp tempura, rolls, tuna, etc.

First time we ate there we had regular menu and it was great. Going to try Bangkok next.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:27 AM

3,642 posts, read 6,706,084 times
the best restaurant in Venice is the Crows Nest, quite upmarket, fantastic food and service and stunning sunset views.

Highly recommend it

Venice Marina - Restaurant Venice Tavern Florida - Marinas Restaurants in Venice, FL

ooops sorry, just seen that Mr S. has already posted about it, but I will recommend it too!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 AM

6 posts, read 9,421 times
Default Honoluana restaurant

I always recommend the "Honoluana Island Grill" at 222 Airport Ave., on Venice Island. Just really great tasting food whether you're in the mood for a light snack or are looking for an interesting restaurant to enjoy a large dinner with friends. It's a happy place with friendly people, a surprizingly large menu variety and the skilled chef and kitchen staff to back it up. We always head for Honoluana when we're in Venice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area