Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 07:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,954 times

Advertisements

I have been seeing signs in my South Venice neighborhood "save our septic". What is this about?

After 15 years of bad well water and septic concerns, I would prefer public water and sewer. I do not mind if they want to save their septic just as long as they are not trying to make me save mine.

Is there a project proposal to get rid of septic? Anyone know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 04:51 AM

32 posts, read 36,667 times
Default Re: Save Our Septic in South Venice

Last month the South Venice Civic Association had a meeting on this very topic.

If you live in the southern portion of South Venice between Colonial and Belvidere, and west of Japanese Gardens you are also within the boundaries of the Englewood Water District.

These homes already have water via the EWD, and the EWD has an expansion of the sewer lines into this area planned for 2015/16. They will be having a meeting of the EWD Board on April 2 in Englewood.

I have more information which I can't attach since it is in pdf files - if you would like it email me at
jsb_05301@yahoo.com

Old 02-07-2015, 06:06 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,105,339 times
New to Florida and the septic thing. Why would people prefer to be on septic than sewer?

Old 02-07-2015, 06:43 AM

32 posts, read 57,114 times
Default septic

Imagine it has to do with $$$, as at least before in other areas of Sarasota county once sewer was put in area you had to hook up within some sort of time. Is a major up front capital expense for home owner & an ongoing monthly utility expense that can dwarf your water bill. Sewer hookup has neen required, water has been voluntary, although well water is awful here,requiring lots of treatment. When I bought here 1st thing I did was hook up to county water, still use well for irrigation. Cost over some $ 3000 plus plumber, county will finance at low interest rate.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:54 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,548,914 times
Here is a link to the impact fee utility program - http://www.englewoodwater.com/forms/...er-sewer-1.pdf

Here is a link to the Englewood Water District - Englewood Water District

Here is a link to the areas that are serviced by the Englewood Water District - http://www.englewoodwater.com/forms/...iceareamap.pdf

Old 02-09-2015, 12:50 PM

707 posts, read 1,051,978 times
To some people a "public" utility encroaching on private lands is an infringement of big government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area