Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 06:14 PM

296 posts, read 316,919 times

Advertisements

Yea we went to Venice when we were there, I get it. Of course one can simply drive to any downtown if you so fancy. Unlike in Baltimore, nobody wants to go downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 08:04 AM

3,179 posts, read 5,962,277 times
To piggyback SoFLGal's response about downtowns (or lack thereof), many buyers from "up north" want to find a FL town similar to that they're used to, and most towns "up there" have a downtown. The reality is, not all of Florida's towns were built with an official downtown in mind. Some folks are just puzzled by that, but it is what it is. Every town still has locally-owned shops spread around, they're just not all in a 3-block strip.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:21 PM

3 posts, read 4,232 times
Near Dunnellon ? Near gulf ?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:24 PM

Is Dunnellon near North Port ? I probably should look at a map, duh, but is it driveable??

Old 10-09-2015, 11:32 PM

Default North Port

Planning on visiting friends in North Port, wondering how close to Dunnellon..............
and I think close to the gulf ? am I correct ? prob should ck a map, duh

Old 10-10-2015, 05:48 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,111,660 times
179 miles 2h 38m

Old 10-10-2015, 08:41 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,829,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claddaugh View Post
Planning on visiting friends in North Port, wondering how close to Dunnellon..............
and I think close to the gulf ? am I correct ? prob should ck a map, duh
Depends on what you call close. About 30 minutes from Nokomis Beach.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:38 PM

4 posts, read 5,643 times
Is SAN PABLO AVE in a sketchy part of town? Some of the home prices on Trulia seem to be too good to be true. I'm concerned they are in high crime areas although Trulia says lowest crime. The shopping described are some of my favorite places. I won't miss a downtown and would be thrilled to be within 30 minutes of a nice beach. Looks like lots of grocery shopping and restaurant options too. We will visit the area in December. Hoping to rent for 3 months to check out North Port to Cape Coral. Planning to relocate from St. Louis, MO area suburbs next year. My town is very progressive, high tech, modern, low crime with about 50,000 residents. I would not hesitate to walk around my neighborhood at night and feel very safe in my community. How does North Port compare? The less I spend on a house the more I'll have for cruising and I love to cruise but not so much that I'm fearful in my neighborhood. North Port seems to have a lot to offer on a low budget.

Does North Port have a nice library?

Old 10-13-2015, 07:38 AM
CTC

666 posts, read 1,458,864 times
one thing we like about NP is the cultural diversity . There is a thriving Ukraine community with 2 bakeries (wonderful bread)
And we found a small Caribbean place which has great food and is very inexpensive with huge portions

Old 10-13-2015, 08:04 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,462,376 times
I live in Nokomis and really don't go to the Venice downtown which is just full of pricy restaurants and little tourist shops that I would not shop in anyway.

I find that I have to got to Sarasota or North Port to do any shopping - like Best Buy, Target, etc. or many of the chains stores I shop in do not exist in Venice -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area