U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 09:29 AM

3,979 posts, read 9,540,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Regards View Post
Is SAN PABLO AVE in a sketchy part of town? Some of the home prices on Trulia seem to be too good to be true. I'm concerned they are in high crime areas although Trulia says lowest crime. The shopping described are some of my favorite places. I won't miss a downtown and would be thrilled to be within 30 minutes of a nice beach. Looks like lots of grocery shopping and restaurant options too. We will visit the area in December. Hoping to rent for 3 months to check out North Port to Cape Coral. Planning to relocate from St. Louis, MO area suburbs next year. My town is very progressive, high tech, modern, low crime with about 50,000 residents. I would not hesitate to walk around my neighborhood at night and feel very safe in my community. How does North Port compare? The less I spend on a house the more I'll have for cruising and I love to cruise but not so much that I'm fearful in my neighborhood. North Port seems to have a lot to offer on a low budget.

Does North Port have a nice library?
San Pablo is in the older section of North Port off of Biscayne. The homes are generally older and smaller in the streets around there. There were a lot of bank foreclosures and short sales in that area for quite some time, but many have been purchased and fixed up. It is a mixed community of ages and types of families living there. For crime statistics in North Port you can go to the City of North Port Police Dept - North Port, FL : Police

Yes, North Port does have a very nice library - North Port Public Library -- Sarasota County Library System
Sarasota County Libraries page for more info - https://www.scgov.net/Library/Pages/default.aspx
Also North Port Library Friends, Inc. has a great Facebook page with all of the events, photos, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 03:27 PM

4 posts, read 4,927 times
Thanks for all the responses. I'm looking forward to my first visit to North Port in December.

Old 10-17-2015, 04:28 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,076,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz4uandyourmom View Post
North Port people are shady teeth are rare but drugs they are pretty good hey what's important
This is too funny. First post just to bash NP. I for one love it here in NP and feel very safe, And I have teeth!!

Old 12-15-2015, 01:13 PM

16 posts, read 18,205 times
Our library is one of our best features! We have a beautiful library which has a great selection. I used to take my kids to the story hour there all the time and we still visit frequently for books.

North Port has planned a "downtown" area which will be off the end of Price (near the new McDonalds and soon to be Walmart Neighborhood Market). It will extend down to the City Hall area. At least that is what is marked on development plans.

A farmer's market now takes place on Saturday mornings on that front lawn area of that same loop.

For anyone looking to buy - if you are considering a house built between 2005 and 2009, request a renovation report or ask specifically if the house is known to have been built with chinese drywall. If it is unknown be sure to put it in your contract that you want it tested with satisfactory results before closing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area