Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 07:20 AM

3 posts, read 5,888 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! I first of all want to thank everyone on this site who posts regularly...you are so helpful! My husband and I are moving from Batimore, MD to Sarasota/Bradenton, FL this year! Our tour will begin April 23, 2015 for one week. We have vacationed many times in the area and have toured Lakewood Ranch. This time we are going to schedule actual tours with a real estate agent. We have fallen in love with a home in Tara Preserve. Does anyone know this particular community well? Would love to hear about convenience, demographics, fees etc. I am 53 y/o and hubby is 55 y/o. Hubby is retiring after a 38 year career with our utility company, and I am in the investment field. We both plan on continuing to work into our 60s if possible. We have no children. We do not mind a mix of families and retirees...actually prefer it...but really want some folks around who are our age. Love a friendly community. We are not golfers...but would love to live in a golf community with no membership required. Thank you for any information on Tara Preserve, and other areas you recommend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 08:28 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,741,856 times
Since you already have an agent lined up, I suggest that you ask your agent to email you the Core Logic Demographic reports for the area. If s/he doesn't know how to do that, all they need to do is open up a listing and click the "CoOp" icon at the top. There is a wealth of info there but the demographic reports are interesting and might help you get a handle on the area.
I can say that, generally, I have found that there are a number of absentee owners in there but I can't say what the percentage is and it could be small. My experience is totally anecdotal. You might get a response here but I don't think any of the regulars here live in Tara. It is a nice community in a good location and I've never heard anything negative about it. Rely on your agent, though. S/he has many resources to help you!

Old 03-19-2015, 08:41 AM

3 posts, read 5,888 times
Thank you very much bbronston--will do!

Old 03-19-2015, 11:20 AM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times
Yes, I am very familiar with Tara, I live just down the road from there. Tara Golf & Country Club is made up of a number of neighborhoods, including single family homes, villas and townhomes. Most of those neighborhood home owners are required to be mandatory members of the country club and pay the annual fees for either a Class A or B membership. Tara Preserve is the exception. Tara itself is a beautiful community, great curb appeal, well maintained homes.

As an agent I cannot really get into demographics because of fair housing laws, but Bob made an excellent suggestion about having your agent pull up the demographics on the listings you are interested in. City-data itself also has some demographics options by zip code.

Tara is just off of SR70 by Crossing Creek shopping center, one I frequent for the Bealls and Bealls Outlet stores. There are several retail stores, a Lowe's and several restaurants. On the south side next to Tara is a 2nd shopping center anchored by a motel and a Publix grocery store with other shops and a few small restaurants. SR70 is a 6 lane road that carries a lot of east - west traffic from Bradenton to I-75, so it is busy most of the day. However, once you are actually in Tara, especially as you move south within Tara, the traffic noise is not an issue.

Tara is very close to the Braden River, a small fresh water river that does not have access out to the bay. Jigg's Landing is at the bend of the road at 63rd St E. It's a scenic spot for fishing or just enjoying the river, boaters launch from there. Although I don't know that the county has figured out what to do with it regarding the little cottages they put up that were supposed to be for visitors.

South of Tara is another neighborhood of homes you might want to check out as well, River Place. It is a gated community with a clubhouse and community pool, along with a number of nature walking trails.

I personally enjoy living in the SR70 area of south Manatee county. It puts me part way between Bradenton and Sarasota. University Parkway is becoming quite the retail/restaurant hub with the new University Town Center. We are close enough to Lakewood Ranch to take advantage of many of the events and walking trails there. We are also only a short trip via the Sunshine Skyway Bridge to St. Pete, a town we both enjoy visiting (although I wouldn't want to live there ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: