Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2006, 08:26 AM

317 posts, read 1,226,892 times

Advertisements

Thanks! I tell you, I am about to give up on moving to Florida. It just seems too expensive to live anywhere that is decent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2006, 10:27 AM

656 posts, read 1,368,698 times
Lakewood Ranch is near a lot of things, including the interstate.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:14 AM

7,895 posts, read 9,083,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Lynne View Post
Thanks! I tell you, I am about to give up on moving to Florida. It just seems too expensive to live anywhere that is decent.
Beautiful development, but certainly isn't cheap. Many homes go for well over a million dollars. I know there are cheaper parts of the development, but don't know if you would be considered the "trash" of the community. I heard their HOA is quite restrictive in terms of decorating the exterior of your home.
What is nice is its location, and companies locate within the area for jobs and shopping. I think they have a new hospital there as well.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 7,085 times
Default Lakewood Ranch Area/Bradenton

I completely disagree with the person who posted above me. Lakewood Ranch does have million dollar homes but also affordable homes and you WILL NOT be considered anything than another great resident of LWR. It's an awesome place with EVERYTHING YOU NEED. From apartment to million dollar homes, all is quite nice. Yes there are deed restrictions and you may not agree with them. You do not have to live in LWR, there are plenty of developments outside of LWR that you can live in and still use and benefit from many of the things LWR has to offer. Their hospitals, dr. offices, shopping centers, restaurants, schools, churces, parks, events, etc. I live 5 miles from LWR and use all of their facilities and think it's a great place. And I feel safe here as well, which is very important. Almost everyone I have met in one circumstance or another has been a pleasure. Friendly and helpful people all looking to make new friends because they have moved from another place as well. The real estate market is coming way down and there is much to choose from now and lots of room for negotiating. Good luck and hope you consider it.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:50 AM

656 posts, read 1,368,698 times
Forgot about their new hospital. It's the good one of Manatees 3 hospitals.

Old 11-03-2006, 10:04 AM

4 posts, read 18,526 times
Smile Lakewood Ranch area

I have lived in Bradenton for 29 years so I can tell you a few things about this area Lakewood Rach is nice if you like spending every cent you earn on a mortgage payment not to mention the property taxes and home owners insurance.The homes in that area are cookie cutter look alikes,stacked ontop of each other!!!Depending where you plan on working,the west side of town is much nicer and has more of a "home town"feeling.Let me know if I can answer any questions you might have Good Luck !!!!

Old 11-03-2006, 09:13 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,642,407 times
Default Insurance and florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Lynne View Post
Check first, if you can get insurance? the villages in ocala have the same thing? First you can not sell, why? Citizens? tax and no insurance?

I need the memory pill, leaves to rake, and the white snow? I did forget, Snow, and the fall? Now, on to Citizens for isurance, the only game in town?

Maybe, St. Nick, will give the sunshine state Peace!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area