Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 11:22 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,930,209 times

Advertisements

Florida has 6 of the nation's fastest-growing metro areas - AOL.com

Six Florida metro areas were among the 20 fastest-growing: The Villages, Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Naples-Immokalee-Marco Island, Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton and Panama City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 08:40 PM

287 posts, read 300,267 times
Time to raise my rates.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:52 AM

707 posts, read 1,052,687 times
I blogged about this weeks ago.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:41 AM

30 posts, read 38,970 times
Wow. None on the east coast

Old 04-05-2015, 09:15 AM

All the east coasters are moving west to get out of the traffic. I already have folks in Lakewood Ranch who want to move to Venice and Englewood to get out of the traffic there.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:45 PM

4,896 posts, read 14,144,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbarr2000 View Post
All the east coasters are moving west to get out of the traffic. I already have folks in Lakewood Ranch who want to move to Venice and Englewood to get out of the traffic there.
Anyone play on either highway this weekend heading north?

Old 04-07-2015, 06:33 AM

10 posts, read 7,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbarr2000 View Post

There seems to be just a wee bit of pushback coming from folks who have a helluva time getting in and out of several subdivisions in and around some parts of LWR. I'm not a realtor but I'm beginning to hear a bit of grumbling from earlier residents.. That said, there still is a lot of interest in the newer projects being developed north and NE of SR70, east of I75....including all the way to Upper Manatee, North Lakewood Ranch BLVD, and even just a bit to Lorraine area, which is being developed too it seems. Heck, there is even renewed interest in certain areas of 64, west, AND east of I75. Give it a few years and it will all be a "blur" of pocketed development. it's already stretching the infrastructure. Sarasota/Manatee is not destined to be the relatively "sleepy" beach town it was in the mid 70s. I remember living right off Tuttle near Fruitville when people said "wow, you live way out east huh?" I was a relative kid then when you could go to Lido on a Sat and Sun afternoon, have a cool drink at The Sheraton Sandcastle's tiki bar or the Lemon Tree in relative peace and visit with mostly LOCALS, not seasonal residents! That's when the shops on St Armand's actually catered to the local residents because we kept them in business year round! That included The Patio, Charley's Crab, Tail o the Pup, Ruby Tuesday, Osteria and many others. Clearly those days are gone. I'm not surprised that some folks in Lakewood Ranch now want a little space (physical and mental). As a very young "adult", we certainly had more access, fun, and space....lol...with better attitudes for sure.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker700a View Post
There seems to be just a wee bit of pushback coming from folks who have a helluva time getting in and out of several subdivisions in and around some parts of LWR. I'm not a realtor but I'm beginning to hear a bit of grumbling from earlier residents.. That said, there still is a lot of interest in the newer projects being developed north and NE of SR70, east of I75....including all the way to Upper Manatee, North Lakewood Ranch BLVD, and even just a bit to Lorraine area, which is being developed too it seems. Heck, there is even renewed interest in certain areas of 64, west, AND east of I75. Give it a few years and it will all be a "blur" of pocketed development. it's already stretching the infrastructure. Sarasota/Manatee is not destined to be the relatively "sleepy" beach town it was in the mid 70s. I remember living right off Tuttle near Fruitville when people said "wow, you live way out east huh?" I was a relative kid then when you could go to Lido on a Sat and Sun afternoon, have a cool drink at The Sheraton Sandcastle's tiki bar or the Lemon Tree in relative peace and visit with mostly LOCALS, not seasonal residents! That's when the shops on St Armand's actually catered to the local residents because we kept them in business year round! That included The Patio, Charley's Crab, Tail o the Pup, Ruby Tuesday, Osteria and many others. Clearly those days are gone. I'm not surprised that some folks in Lakewood Ranch now want a little space (physical and mental). As a very young "adult", we certainly had more access, fun, and space....lol...with better attitudes for sure.
I agree with you about better attitudes. I can't even begin to recount the number of times a snowbird pulls out in front of me in 50mph traffic on 41 or cuts me off in a Publix. It's time for these folks to go home already.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Anyone play on either highway this weekend heading north?
At least they are finally headed north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area