Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 05:25 AM

7,891 posts, read 9,089,508 times

Advertisements

Don't forget WIFI signals. Some cable companies offer WIFI hot spots in built up areas. I would think a country setting would be better.

But as beninfl stated, EMF is everwhere, including the very computer you are typing on, and all the appliances in your home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 05:38 AM

25 posts, read 38,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Don't forget WIFI signals. Some cable companies offer WIFI hot spots in built up areas. I would think a country setting would be better.

But as beninfl stated, EMF is everwhere, including the very computer you are typing on, and all the appliances in your home.
Yes, we are looking for more of a country setting. Ideally we'd like to purchase several acres, but still be within 45 minutes or so of the ocean. We do a lot in our home to limit EMF. We do not use wifi - only "corded" internet and we take many other precautions as well. I drastically limit my computer time.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:41 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,543,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemom2014 View Post
Yes, we are looking for more of a country setting. Ideally we'd like to purchase several acres, but still be within 45 minutes or so of the ocean. We do a lot in our home to limit EMF. We do not use wifi - only "corded" internet and we take many other precautions as well. I drastically limit my computer time.
I'm not sure what the EMF situation is and it's a bit farther than 45 minutes to beaches but you may want to consider looking around the Ocala area for a "country" environment.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:56 AM

7,891 posts, read 9,089,508 times
Maybe start by looking at the coverage areas for cell phone companies for the state and see what areas in common have poor/no coverage?

Old 04-22-2015, 09:00 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,337,469 times
Quote:
Obviously you have not done any scientific research in this area, so I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself rather than be rude. There are LOTS of known problems with EMF. Many people suffer severe consequences from the neverending radiation exposures. Try not to be such a JA, will you?!?!
I'm only a scientist, what can I say.........

Old 04-22-2015, 10:32 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,337,469 times
For further clarification:

Quote:
Obviously you have not done any scientific research in this area, so I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself rather than be rude. There are LOTS of known problems with EMF. Many people suffer severe consequences from the neverending radiation exposures. Try not to be such a JA, will you?!?!
If being a "JA" is being truthful, yes, I am a "JA". I'm also a theoretical physicist whom specializes in Quantum Field Theory. Radiation is EVERYWHERE in the Universe. Even empty space. That's right, empty space. Space is not empty. It's full of radiation, photons, virtual particles. There's radiation on Earth, in the Ocean, on the Moon, on Jupiter, on Pluto, even on Alpha Proxima our nearest star. It is inescapable.

Oddly, you are more protected on Earth from radiation because of our planets geomagnetic field. It shields a lot of actually-harmful radiation from the Sun like cosmic rays.

All of this EMF "scaring" that you read on the Internet is fiction. It's similar to those who say that Global Warming is not a problem. Just because there was a newspaper article in 1975 saying Earth is freezing, people still quote that article as "the truth". It was a single theory, long disproved near immediately, yet it still lingers.

And we did land on the Moon. The reason the flag was moving is because we planted the flag there. The flag wont stop flapping in space unless an equal force makes it. On Earth, we call that "air", which is why a moving flag will come to a rest.

Nor will the UV radiation that is emitted from your CFL or incandescent light bulbs harm your skin.

Your cell phone, wifi, and FM radio won't do you any harm. What will do you harm is worrying about things that can not hurt you, its bad for your stress level, and that's a scientific fact.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:58 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,591,674 times
If there are no cell phone towers, how can you be sure there will not be one later? I don't see how you can. At best this could be a temporary fix. In terms of pesticides and pollution, that's also very much up to the landowners. The panhandle is mostly owned by a few large companies. If they decide to spray more or less (this would be 100's of thousands of acres), you can't do anything about it.

Florida gets a lot of it's power from coal. Also, there is a lot of phosphate mining and an amazing amount of cars, trucks and busses spewing out pollutants.

I'm not trying to be negative here but you'd have to study wind currents as well as the owners of land within a 30-40 mile radius - that in addition to the fact that you can't stop the erection of any cell or other towers in the future.

I do think you have to spell out exactly how far you want to be from these various sources.....EMF doesn't increase with wind, but other sources of pollutants do.

All in all, moving to one of the most densely populated states in the USA (and getting more so....plus all this population is in concentrated areas) may not be the best way to avoid these problems.

One thing for sure. Florida has always been "for sale" and developers, big ag, big corporations, etc. are going to get what they want....making it harder for 'the people". This is the way it's always been here...not saying I approve, but that's the scoop.

I hope you find what you want. Lots of military in the panhandle area also - as well as the Tampa bay area. Who knows what they are putting out in EMF, pollutants, etc....

Old 04-22-2015, 09:02 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,626,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
For further clarification:

If being a "JA" is being truthful, yes, I am a "JA". I'm also a theoretical physicist whom specializes in Quantum Field Theory. Radiation is EVERYWHERE in the Universe. Even empty space. That's right, empty space. Space is not empty. It's full of radiation, photons, virtual particles. There's radiation on Earth, in the Ocean, on the Moon, on Jupiter, on Pluto, even on Alpha Proxima our nearest star. It is inescapable.

Oddly, you are more protected on Earth from radiation because of our planets geomagnetic field. It shields a lot of actually-harmful radiation from the Sun like cosmic rays.

All of this EMF "scaring" that you read on the Internet is fiction. It's similar to those who say that Global Warming is not a problem. Just because there was a newspaper article in 1975 saying Earth is freezing, people still quote that article as "the truth". It was a single theory, long disproved near immediately, yet it still lingers.

And we did land on the Moon. The reason the flag was moving is because we planted the flag there. The flag wont stop flapping in space unless an equal force makes it. On Earth, we call that "air", which is why a moving flag will come to a rest.

Nor will the UV radiation that is emitted from your CFL or incandescent light bulbs harm your skin.

Your cell phone, wifi, and FM radio won't do you any harm. What will do you harm is worrying about things that can not hurt you, its bad for your stress level, and that's a scientific fact.
To the OP...^^^^. this is the best answer you're gonna get. Stop listening to all the goofy stuff on the web or Fox News, or wherever you're getting it, and think with your own mind. The only way you can even hope to get far away from any of these "dangerous" emissions is to get far, far, far away from civilization. And just when you thing that's far enough, a plane will go over, sending radio waves and radar back to the ground. It's the world we live in. People are not dropping dead or going crazy from having TV, cell phone and radio signals going through their bodies their entire lives.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:11 PM

509 posts, read 903,962 times
I am in agreement with the "you can't escape it" crowd, but op didn't ask whether or not she has anything to worry about from this, so I'll address the question at hand. The best bet for what you're looking for is not found in Florida, for reasons already mentioned. If your concerns were mine, I'd consider a less populated and built up state. It's only going to continue to grow as time goes on.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:19 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,089,696 times
If you want a less populated area, rural feel, and ocean access why don't you think internationally. Belize maybe.

Hubby and I seriously considered moving to Uruguay. It is just like Argentina without the craziness. It has one of the world's best banking systems, a climate like California, and lots of remote, cheap ocean front land, very low density, high green rankings, good healthcare, low corruption, and low cost of living. It is called the Switzerland of south America. There is lots and lots to like. There are communities of expats that get together so you don't feel like a stranger in a strange land.

Here is a video about Uruguay. It is 13 minutes long but is charming to watch. There is a picture of electrical lines early in the video but that is to illustrate they have city infrastructure for those who want that, but that is not the way the countryside is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br4vTypFlcg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area