Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:33 AM

25 posts, read 39,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
If you want a less populated area, rural feel, and ocean access why don't you think internationally. Belize maybe.

Hubby and I seriously considered moving to Uruguay. It is just like Argentina without the craziness. It has one of the world's best banking systems, a climate like California, and lots of remote, cheap ocean front land, very low density, high green rankings, good healthcare, low corruption, and low cost of living. It is called the Switzerland of south America. There is lots and lots to like. There are communities of expats that get together so you don't feel like a stranger in a strange land.

Here is a video about Uruguay. It is 13 minutes long but is charming to watch. There is a picture of electrical lines early in the video but that is to illustrate they have city infrastructure for those who want that, but that is not the way the countryside is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br4vTypFlcg
Thank you so much for this information. I truly appreciate it! This is the kind of info I've been searching for. We have considered moving internationally, but it is very difficult for me to travel due to my many health conditions and you can only learn so much via the internet. I am also limited to the amount of time I can be on a computer due to my health issues - despite what some people want to believe, EMF sensitivity is a real problem for many of us.

There are EMF "safe" zones in Europe and many European nations are banning cell phones for kids due to the harm associated with them. It is a real problem and one day I'm afraid we will all realize what we have done - only that will be much too late

Anyway, thanks again for sharing this. I will show it to my hubby tonight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 07:59 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemom2014 View Post
...despite what some people want to believe, EMF sensitivity is a real problem for many of us.

There are EMF "safe" zones in Europe and many European nations are banning cell phones for kids due to the harm associated with them. It is a real problem and one day I'm afraid we will all realize what we have done - only that will be much too late
You have a point. For a long time it was thought that smoking cigarettes was safe. It took many many years for the negative effects to show up and then even more years for the negative effects to be tied to cigarette smoking.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
You have a point. For a long time it was thought that smoking cigarettes was safe. It took many many years for the negative effects to show up and then even more years for the negative effects to be tied to cigarette smoking.
There is plenty of information out there to be read if one can truly open their mind and not be so dependent on "technology" that they don't want to believe in the studies. Cell phones come with a safety disclaimer for a reason!

Old 05-11-2015, 04:47 AM

38 posts, read 60,791 times
Unless you are a gun toting, ex-military, extreme conservative, you won't be happy in the Panhandle. It is very Southern and has strong conservative values.
If you want more diversity (ethnic, thought, religion, food, culture etc) you should consider the east or west coastal areas. How about Englewood.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkitnow View Post
Unless you are a gun toting, ex-military, extreme conservative, you won't be happy in the Panhandle. It is very Southern and has strong conservative values.
If you want more diversity (ethnic, thought, religion, food, culture etc) you should consider the east or west coastal areas. How about Englewood.
Thanks for the response. I'm not familiar with Englewood, but we'll definitely check it out. This is a very difficult decision and we're trying to look at all angles, so I appreciate the input.

And no, you definitely did not describe us at all - we're not conservative, gun-toting or ex-military!

Old 05-11-2015, 07:35 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
My 12 yr old has a cell phone but I warn him not to carry it in his pants next to his body and to always use speakerphone and don't hold the phone up to his ear.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:30 AM

83 posts, read 264,617 times
Saw this program on NatGeo about EMF living. Not sure if the OP is willing to go that far, but what the hey ,I hear the wine aint too bad over there

NatGeo Taboo show- EMF Sensitive Ladies living in cave in France | treating MCS and EHS/EMF Sensitivity

Old 05-13-2015, 07:32 AM

83 posts, read 264,617 times
Quote:

Darn, I coulda been a contender!!!

Old 05-14-2015, 10:30 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,841,964 times
Quote:
Contrary to popular (at least on this thread) opinion, Englewood has as many EMF zones as anyplace else on earth. Plus, there are plenty of pistol packers, conservatives, normal people to be found. Living off the grid can only be achieved in extreme rural locations. I don't think even Arcadia fits the bill.

I would suggest the tin foil hat approach for anyone afraid to actually live amongst our modern, technological society.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:59 PM

287 posts, read 300,014 times
There is no credible scientific evidence that EMF has any ill effects on humans. Certainly by now if getting an MRI had any effects we would know it:

WHO | What are electromagnetic fields?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area