Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 07:09 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,347,477 times

Advertisements

Magnetic Field Exposure and Cancer - National Cancer Institute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 09:04 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,999,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkitnow View Post
If you want more diversity (ethnic, thought, religion, food, culture etc) you should consider the east or west coastal areas. How about Englewood.
ROTFL...have you ever been to Englewood?

Old 05-15-2015, 06:05 AM

490 posts, read 624,004 times
I can understand how you have come to believe that EMF radiation is harmful. There is a lot of credible sounding information out there and people have been tossing around the concept for years. I don't believe it but I won't mock you for having come to that conclusion. When you are not well you look for answers. I don't think you can realistically outrun EMF's but the stress of believing you are constantly being barraged by something harmful can have more negative health effects than the EMF's in question. Stress is a huge roadblock on the path to wellness.

Chemical sensitivity is another issue and very real. It basically comes down to a weakness, either inherent in your physiology or brought about by external factors and likely some combination of both. Detoxification and elimination pathways are very important things to consider. Liver, lymphatic system and digestion are the key areas to examine/treat/strengthen. Talking to someone level headed and knowledgeable about these issues can help. I don't know what other health issues you are dealing with but I would be looking at becoming stronger rather than letting weakness chase you to the wilderness. I know it's easy to say but I have counseled many people dealing with a health crisis and speak with some experience.

I have found Sarasota to be a relatively healthy place to live from an environmental perspective. The Gulf breezes keep the air fresh and the permeable soil and water flow beneath the state wash many pesticides and toxins away. Unfortunately to the Everglades but that's another issue. If you like the area you might find the less stressful lifestyle here to be a good fit. I've lived in a lot of places and if I was facing serious health issues I would be happy to live here. Having never met you or spoken I only offer this as general information. Maybe it doesn't apply to you, but your situation sounds familiar to others I've encountered.

Best of luck- Chet

Old 05-15-2015, 07:31 AM

25 posts, read 39,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Burnett View Post
I can understand how you have come to believe that EMF radiation is harmful. There is a lot of credible sounding information out there and people have been tossing around the concept for years. I don't believe it but I won't mock you for having come to that conclusion. When you are not well you look for answers. I don't think you can realistically outrun EMF's but the stress of believing you are constantly being barraged by something harmful can have more negative health effects than the EMF's in question. Stress is a huge roadblock on the path to wellness.

Chemical sensitivity is another issue and very real. It basically comes down to a weakness, either inherent in your physiology or brought about by external factors and likely some combination of both. Detoxification and elimination pathways are very important things to consider. Liver, lymphatic system and digestion are the key areas to examine/treat/strengthen. Talking to someone level headed and knowledgeable about these issues can help. I don't know what other health issues you are dealing with but I would be looking at becoming stronger rather than letting weakness chase you to the wilderness. I know it's easy to say but I have counseled many people dealing with a health crisis and speak with some experience.

I have found Sarasota to be a relatively healthy place to live from an environmental perspective. The Gulf breezes keep the air fresh and the permeable soil and water flow beneath the state wash many pesticides and toxins away. Unfortunately to the Everglades but that's another issue. If you like the area you might find the less stressful lifestyle here to be a good fit. I've lived in a lot of places and if I was facing serious health issues I would be happy to live here. Having never met you or spoken I only offer this as general information. Maybe it doesn't apply to you, but your situation sounds familiar to others I've encountered.

Best of luck- Chet
Thanks so much for the constructive input. Yes, I do have other health issues to focus on and I agree that I need to strengthen myself rather than constantly think about running. However, I need to be in a "safe" area where I can detox and build myself up in order to be able to deal with all of these toxins in the "real life."

We do love the Sarasota area and are not giving up all hope just yet of finding something that will work there. We definitely want acreage and want to be away from the masses anyway - regardless of EMF exposure. There are numerous studies that do show the damaging consequences of EMF exposure and I choose to believe them. There is a reason autoimmunity and neurological conditions are skyrocketing in this country and our dependence on technology and constantly increasing cell phones is part of that equation.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:41 AM

"There is a reason autoimmunity and neurological conditions are skyrocketing in this country..."

There most certainly is but there are much more plausible culprits with much more solid research behind them. I'm one of those geeks that just doesn't read about studies, I read the actual studies. I'm not judging your beliefs, just saying that in my opinion there are much greater threats to ones health in this day and age that are much easier to get away from. I'm glad you are taking your health journey seriously though. - Chet

Old 05-15-2015, 07:49 AM

25 posts, read 39,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Burnett View Post
I'm one of those geeks that just doesn't read about studies, I read the actual studies. Chet
I do this as well although I will readily admit my current illness is causing me to struggle a bit with all the scientific jargon I read these days! That being said, I would urge you to read the works of Dr. Robert O. Becker and the book "Going Somewhere" by Andrew Marino. You just may have your eyes opened a bit

Old 05-15-2015, 08:31 AM

I read The Body Electric years ago and while Becker is a smart guy and a charismatic speaker the field has come a long way since his seminal work. While I have no doubt that electromagnetism can play a big role in medicine someday he has been unable to make definitive connections between power lines and various disease states. His initial research was suggestive but didn't go anywhere which is why all research publication is twenty years old. My eyes have been pretty wide open for some time now and I have no trouble with the jargon.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 1,054 times
I'd say an underground tunnel.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,054 times
Perhaps a Xanax?

Old 05-19-2015, 07:15 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,841,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal chic View Post
ROTFL...have you ever been to Englewood?
Obviously, he hasn't. Unless 98.8% Caucasian is the new "diverse".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area