Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 07:04 AM

25 posts, read 39,000 times

Advertisements

We will be relocating from PA to somewhere in FL. At this point, the "where" is completely up in the air! We can be very flexible with location as long as we meet our needs. I am very ill and need to be in a good air quality area that is not too developed and away from cell phone towers and hopefully low pesticide spraying.

Trying to manage this move from PA is very difficult. We love the Sarasota/Siesta Key area, but have also been told we should consider the panhandle area as it is less developed and safer from a radiation/cell tower and pesticide use perspective.

Any suggestions at all on areas to zero in on? We would ideally like to be within 30 minutes of the beach as I find the ocean to be very healing and want to have relatively quick access to it.

We also have two children - ages 10 and 15 and want to be in an area with good schools and opportunities for them.

Thanks so much for any suggestions! We are currently in Melbourne Beach in an area that is nearly perfect - no EMF (radiation), good air quality - they don't spray in this particular area, and we're right on the beach. The only problem is the ocean is a bit too rough here for me to really enjoy and for moving we do not want to be directly on the beach having to worry about hurricanes. We'd like to be a bit inland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 07:43 AM

707 posts, read 1,046,970 times
Sarasota/Siesta Key has a nice, full strength 4G signal everywhere. And we spray for mosquitoes.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:46 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,545,371 times
Just a thought on the hurricane front; I'm far from an expert but it would seem to me that unless you go far inland, not much his going to save you from a real hurricane hit. Even far inland, if a large powerful hurricane hits Florida, the whole place is in trouble.

I'm sure I'll get corrected if I'm wrong.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbarr2000 View Post
Sarasota/Siesta Key has a nice, full strength 4G signal everywhere. And we spray for mosquitoes.
Thanks for the info. That doesn't sound like somewhere we would want to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bluecoupe View Post
Just a thought on the hurricane front; I'm far from an expert but it would seem to me that unless you go far inland, not much his going to save you from a real hurricane hit. Even far inland, if a large powerful hurricane hits Florida, the whole place is in trouble.

I'm sure I'll get corrected if I'm wrong.
I can see that. Our main concern is definitely not hurricanes. For me, it's cell tower location. I desperately need to be near a beach without being zapped constantly, especially when I'm in my own home.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:26 PM

17,486 posts, read 38,941,335 times
OP, I agree you should consider Panhandle. This area is very busy, congested, don't think it is what you want. Northern Fl is a lot less developed. Good luck!

Old 04-20-2015, 01:45 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,339,346 times
If you want to live in a place with no EMF, you need to leave the observable Universe. EMF is everywhere, you can not escape it, and it will cause you no harm.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
If you want to live in a place with no EMF, you need to leave the observable Universe. EMF is everywhere, you can not escape it, and it will cause you no harm.
Obviously you have not done any scientific research in this area, so I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself rather than be rude. There are LOTS of known problems with EMF. Many people suffer severe consequences from the neverending radiation exposures. Try not to be such a JA, will you?!?!

Old 04-21-2015, 08:17 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,171,366 times
I'm in the Venice area and I can see towers from my back lanai, front door and traveling on 75. I would judge them to be a mile from the house but I can still see them. You can find property that is not right next to a tower, but if you need to be so far as out of the line of sight and if traveling would cause a problem, you might be better in the panhandle as this is a very built up area.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:18 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,628,015 times
I agree with the previous posts....probably the panhandle is a better solution.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:25 PM

440 posts, read 1,049,434 times
Don't you need to factor in decent health care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area