Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:11 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkygrl View Post
Look at that sweet kitty. She definitely runs the house at those heights!

It's already pretty hot here BUT you will find after a couple of weeks, you will get used to it. The main difference I found between here and NYS is that in NYS when we would get a heatwave the humidity would go through the roof and it would hit hard in spurts. I would find that AC was in some places but not others. In Florida, we kind of know it's hot at certain times and every place has AC so you can go from your car to AC. You wouldn't be playing a game of golf in the heat of Summer ... but we get afternoon storms almost every day through the rainy season and that eases things up a little bit. Here at least the heat is consistent and the swings are not like the ones in New York. The humidity seems to be greatest in the dawn hours here too. It is weird to walk outside and feel that mugginess. The upside is ... your skin will love you and not have the dryness to it like up North.

I found our first Summer here totally manageable. My energy bills are less than 1/2 of what I paid in New York too and the house sizes only differ by 400 ft or so. Definitely cheaper living here overall and a much happier place. I think the sunshine definitely helps.
This is my opinion after spending my first summer here too. Up North, we'd get spurts of heat and oppressive humidity that would last for weeks or even an entire month. So that whole time, you'd be miserable, waiting for the heat wave to break and the beautiful summer weather to come back. Here, you KNOW it's going to be hot and humid. You're not expecting anything different. And even though the sun is intense, you can sit under a shade tree, usually with a breeze, and it's quite pleasant. I even went to the beach in July and August....it was delightful. I actually like the feeling of the muggy air on my skin....as you said, humidity is good for the skin! I remember only a few days last summer where there was not a breeze. So yeah, it's hot, it's humid, but I still think compared to the humid spells up North, it was an improvement.

And how about that weather today? Perfect! Humidity down, breezy, and tonight even a little chilly! Let's enjoy it while we can....

Good luck, 03 and have a safe trip down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 06:42 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,553,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
This is my opinion after spending my first summer here too. Up North, we'd get spurts of heat and oppressive humidity that would last for weeks or even an entire month. So that whole time, you'd be miserable, waiting for the heat wave to break and the beautiful summer weather to come back. Here, you KNOW it's going to be hot and humid. You're not expecting anything different. And even though the sun is intense, you can sit under a shade tree, usually with a breeze, and it's quite pleasant. I even went to the beach in July and August....it was delightful. I actually like the feeling of the muggy air on my skin....as you said, humidity is good for the skin! I remember only a few days last summer where there was not a breeze. So yeah, it's hot, it's humid, but I still think compared to the humid spells up North, it was an improvement.

And how about that weather today? Perfect! Humidity down, breezy, and tonight even a little chilly! Let's enjoy it while we can....

Good luck, 03 and have a safe trip down!
Thanks - we're hoping it's an uneventful trip. If nothing else, it should be memorable.

As for the weather, that's pretty much what everyone says. I think we'll be fine but want to reserve judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area