Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 10:03 PM

137 posts, read 194,135 times

Advertisements

After looking at models of Villas by different builders, I decided on Gran Paradiso. I felt the floor plans by Lennar to be far better. It is true that Lennar does not offer alot of options. One option I did choose was tile throughout the living area rather than carpet. However, I also found that Lennar gives you alot of standard features (such as crown moulding, stainless steel appliances, higher 9 ft 4 in. ceilings, wifi connected doorlocks and thermostats, sliding door in master bedroom to linai to name a few), that other builders wanted to charge extra to add such options.The value for the buck was greater with Lennar. Also there is an awesome clubhouse and pool. The Italian architecture and theme (as street names) add to the atmosphere of the community. Prices will continue to rise in the Venice area as more baby boomers head South. Of course it all depends on what you want but I feel it was a good decision for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 08:10 PM

pool is completed and should soon be ready to use. Also clubhouse is done, fitness center is open.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:39 AM

174 posts, read 231,764 times
Please post some pictures of the community. I'd love to see them. This development is on our short list.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:17 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,916,680 times
Duffer, wondering what your thoughts on Gran Paradiso were as compared to IslandWalk, across the street. I brought several clients through both places recently and both chose IslandWalk. Just curious why you selected Gran Paradiso. Also, who did you go with as a builder, Lennar? My clients didn't like the lack of options with Lennar and the fact that most of the community is not finished, as compared to IslandWalk.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:30 PM

To SoFlGal. As I stated in my previous post I liked the floor plans of the Villas by Lennar at Gran Paradiso far better than Islandwalk. The standard features that Lennar gives are usually additional cost add ons by other builders (crown moulding, higher ceilings, stainless steel appliances etc.). I also like the Italian theme throughout the community with a beautiful clubhouse and a huge attractive pool. I was also not impressed by some of the lakefront lots shown me with neighbors directly across the lake at Islandwalk.. My lakefront lot at Gran Paradiso has a nature preserve across from me. Lennar was also able to me me a break on the cost of the lot. The development of Gran Paradiso by three builders will also add to its' variety and uniqueness. I know that some want the ability to add many different options. Of course, this can add up to a considerable extra cost. With the standard features Lennar provided, at lower cost, it was the right choice for me.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:40 PM

To JJ Gittes65... check website lennargranparadiso.com/Home/VideoTour

Old 05-04-2015, 11:06 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,916,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffer47 View Post
To SoFlGal. As I stated in my previous post I liked the floor plans of the Villas by Lennar at Gran Paradiso far better than Islandwalk. The standard features that Lennar gives are usually additional cost add ons by other builders (crown moulding, higher ceilings, stainless steel appliances etc.). I also like the Italian theme throughout the community with a beautiful clubhouse and a huge attractive pool. I was also not impressed by some of the lakefront lots shown me with neighbors directly across the lake at Islandwalk.. My lakefront lot at Gran Paradiso has a nature preserve across from me. Lennar was also able to me me a break on the cost of the lot. The development of Gran Paradiso by three builders will also add to its' variety and uniqueness. I know that some want the ability to add many different options. Of course, this can add up to a considerable extra cost. With the standard features Lennar provided, at lower cost, it was the right choice for me.
Perfect! I like to hear varied points of view on the different developments. When I'm selling these areas feedback is very valuable to me and potential clients. I agree with many of your comments. Thanks for your feedback!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area