U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 03:52 AM

27,236 posts, read 44,060,595 times

Advertisements

Anyone heard anything about Woodbury...or the Gates of Bradenton (on 26th St W, near Cortez)? My girlfriend doesn't care for the noise HERE where we're at...but I like being within walking distance to everything.

Woodbury would DEFINITELY put me too far away from work...so I'm hoping we can compromise on the Gates...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 11:07 AM

4,848 posts, read 13,280,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Anyone heard anything about Woodbury...or the Gates of Bradenton (on 26th St W, near Cortez)? My girlfriend doesn't care for the noise HERE where we're at...but I like being within walking distance to everything.

Woodbury would DEFINITELY put me too far away from work...so I'm hoping we can compromise on the Gates...
The Gates of Bradenton is an old remodeled drug haven.....if the meth doesn't get you, the mold will.

I can't even recommend you one complex in Bradenton that doesn't have drug dealers within....that's how bad it is....

Old 04-28-2008, 05:47 PM

1,507 posts, read 2,928,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
The Gates of Bradenton is an old remodeled drug haven.....if the meth doesn't get you, the mold will.

I can't even recommend you one complex in Bradenton that doesn't have drug dealers within....that's how bad it is....

so true!

here in nepa--it is also the case--except the complexes REALLY LOOK BAD!!!

hoping to return to fla next year---at least the drug communities are more habitable than ne penna

Old 04-29-2008, 03:44 AM

27,236 posts, read 44,060,595 times
You know, I should speak to my friend who drives a cab. Because he KNOWS that Schooner Bend is a "bad place" for drugs. In fact, he knows where ALL the drug havens are...just by his fares...

so I think I oughta ask HIM what's okay and what's not.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:38 AM

4,848 posts, read 13,280,838 times
Quote:
You know, I should speak to my friend who drives a cab. Because he KNOWS that Schooner Bend is a "bad place" for drugs. In fact, he knows where ALL the drug havens are...just by his fares...

He works for Bruce's right? He's lucky he's still driving. Anyone in their right mind, wouldn't even go to some of the neighborhoods to pick up fares, they'll pull you right of the vehicle & jack you in a flash....

I don't care what part of Bradenton you're in, be it east, west, south or north, crime is headed your way....you better have a concealed weapons permit and/or a rottweiler or two....and have your dogs trained for protection because that's what it's coming to in B'town.....just take a drive on 41/14th...everything's either for sale, lease or closed....the drug dealers can't even make a living now because the economy's so bad.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:13 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,016,486 times
Quote:

Schooner Bend is also in that "crime box" area. No surprise!

Old 06-14-2008, 06:33 PM

8 posts, read 32,044 times
Default Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
Happiness tends to be more internal than it is external.
If you aren't happy in Bradenton, figure out what is making you unhappy, what you're looking for and what places offer that.

Usually, people who are unhappy about certain dynamics of Florida living (unvibrant culture, crappy schools, etc) are best off leaving and going someplace else. It's what we did.
I am leaving in 2 weeks to blue ridge Georgia!!! Nothing and I will repeat...nothing like bradenhood!! Young families and inexpensive to live!!!!

Old 06-15-2008, 09:29 PM

53 posts, read 163,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~peaches~ View Post
We are in our 30's, have a child, and we are all miserable here in West Bradenton!

We drove around North Port, Pt.Charlotte, Venice, and Englewood and we were not impressed by those towns either. So now, I am looking further North , Ruskin, Lutz, Land o Lakes, Clearwater and Tampa.

I will tell you what I want and maybe someone here can make some recommendations.

1. 30 minute or less drive to the beach

2. Young Community

3. Good schools

4. Did I mention a young community????

Not to much to ask, but I am having a hard time finding it! Jobs are not a big concern since we own our own buisness.

Can I ask what type of business do you own, that works in this bad economy?

Old 06-16-2008, 06:45 PM

192 posts, read 680,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyohboyohboy View Post
Have you considered Bradenton out East? By that I mean east of 75. Both Lakewood Ranch and Greyhawk Landing are younger vibrant communities with A rated schools. Lots of people & kids out and about. You would have a bit longer commute to the beach but you would have an even longer one from places like Lutz etc... Just a thought. Take a ride around and check it out.

Yup!

I would head out east of I 75 for the younger families and better schools. The beaches are still within 30 minutes for us. Holmes is about 20-25 minutes and we are in GreyHawk Landing. There are lots of young families in the GreenBrook area of Lakewood ranch also.

I lived in New Tampa before I came here and we like East Sarasota/Bradenton much better then we did Tampa. The beaches in St. Petes and Clear Water are no where near as pretty or clean as they are down here either. That was a big reason for our move.

Look out east of I-75 before you leave these beautiful beaches to head north.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:04 PM

95 posts, read 338,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~peaches~ View Post
We are in our 30's, have a child, and we are all miserable here in West Bradenton!

We drove around North Port, Pt.Charlotte, Venice, and Englewood and we were not impressed by those towns either. So now, I am looking further North , Ruskin, Lutz, Land o Lakes, Clearwater and Tampa.

I will tell you what I want and maybe someone here can make some recommendations.

1. 30 minute or less drive to the beach

2. Young Community

3. Good schools

4. Did I mention a young community????

Not to much to ask, but I am having a hard time finding it! Jobs are not a big concern since we own our own buisness.

I am with you on that one .. it sucks here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area