Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 12:22 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,105,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

I bet the fireworks Cardiff saw were set off by contractor hired by neighbor if all facts were in
You are probably right. Today our super in charge of building our home showed me a video on his phone of the fireworks he set off at his 4th of July party. They were nice but no where near as elaborate as the guy next door on the beach. It would make sense that those were probably done by a professional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 679 times
As I am reading your comments... Listening to hopefully the last set of fireworks set off .. Saturday early afternoon I dorve home down my block to see neighbors about 12 houses down.. we only see while driving the long way home, so don't know them.. Two adults in the early 30's.. Wife sitting in her lawn chair and taking pictures when her Husband lights a popper, and seriously gives this tiny little barely even 2 years old girl this lit firework!? Ummm.. I watched slowly driving by and scared me.. parent of four!!! Moron.. I waited and Mother SO overly happy and Dad overjoyed waiting for this barely 2 year old girl to finally thrown this loud fired up popper... Thank gosh she finally had and not even about a foot AWAY from this girl's dainty little hand it exploded!! They began clapping.. Great.. Yes, please encourage more backwoods dumb mannered behaviors please.. I couldn't believe that is all.. Still turns my stomach.. We have friends who are officers and mentioned later before watching county fireworks and they already had reports of kids in the ER for severe and critical burns, one 7 year old boy blew his first finger OFF and parents going to jail..... (Geeesh... Poor babies... was not that poor child up the road).
Who in their right mind, (even in Florida) actually does that crap and enabling kid's...?! Like waiting for an injury to happen freely.... I'm in awe... Just don't grasp still day's afterwards that drive home viewing...
Truly, IS scary and I couldn't believe that! Honestly.. uncool! (Originally searching for SW Florida laws regarding noise, after 9pm during a work week..none the less have our wonderful neighbors several homes down just allowing their fireworks to wake up our children ..again...So, decided to come to this site.

Ok... BANG!!! It's a work week.. I normally don't complain, yet after us having four children ages 3-15 coming out annoyed, our dog barking each time with two cats all annoyed scared hiding.. I'm done... Party time IS done please..
Along with my Husband and I trying to finish watching a movie before bed.. Yes.. Summer isn't just playtime for us.. we have jobs, unlike others blowing noise off ALL night nearly every night it seems, besides this Holiday.

Yes.. Saturday evening these people decided to let them off until 4am, which officers finally were called from the older neighbor next door and her yappy dog's barking until 4'15AM.
Ehhh.. Just rude and disrespectful felt by others who really don't care to continue a celebration, nor are rude in return to their neighbors, which people would call the cops on us, or others IF we choose that same treatment in doing so..
The loud drunkness with every loud BANG in and screaming bottle rocket firework let loose into the sky following several house of yappy and large dogs barking..Yes.. fun-fun.
When is enough??! Really now..?!
And how many calls made to the Sheriff's office does it take for action finally take..?..Yea... Unsure, yet overtime paid for our County Sheriff's Department tax payer's..
We are going away next year..And hopefully next year won't have to pick up other people's exploded crap off our house, lawn, kids' play-sets and shed.. get's old is all.
This was our first year here this week and pissed we didn't take off now.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:45 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
I agree...I think you should have called child protection services and reported the parents' bahavior
What they did was as dangerous as leaving a small child alone in bathtub or leaving young child alone in house or any other reason a parent's lack of good sense endangers a child.
Florida just seems to have an inordinate number of people who are enthralled by things that go boom/flash...
Too bad they all can't live in one neighborhood and leave the rest of us alone...

Old 07-08-2015, 12:14 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I agree...I think you should have called child protection services and reported the parents' bahavior
What they did was as dangerous as leaving a small child alone in bathtub or leaving young child alone in house or any other reason a parent's lack of good sense endangers a child.
Florida just seems to have an inordinate number of people who are enthralled by things that go boom/flash...
Too bad they all can't live in one neighborhood and leave the rest of us alone...
It isn't just Florida, and you know it. This crap happens ALL OVER. Thankfully I live in a neighborhood where just about all the neighbors are nice, considerate and actually have intelligence and don't behave this way. There were a few parties with what appeared to be professional fireworks at some large homes on the bay, and a few random others. But nothing before or after and no debris to deal with for the most part.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:59 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,191 times
A popper isn't lit, but a 2 year old shouldn't have one. I'm surprised she didn't put it in her mouth.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:26 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Jason Pierre-Paul lost his finger and his contract and likely his career...
Object lesson for sure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area