Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 04:15 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,504,944 times

Advertisements

Bottom line is people are always going to want to live in a warm climate near the ocean - not ALL people - but the majority IMO - I love living in paradise and consider myself lucky even though I am not rolling in the dough - it is worth a pay cut to live here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 06:41 PM

190 posts, read 180,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
Once the boomers die out this wont be the case, who is going to take their place?

And taxpayers pay for these idiots pension or maybe Im the idiot because I am paying taxes for some "government worker" to live high off the hog while I slave away in the private sector. Gotta love it.
True. I think within the next 5 years Florida may start seeing a lot of relief and openings. The old people who are here don't have very long in the scheme of things. I wonder if the youngins like my age and younger have the right ideas though on how to make this home and rebuild the society here. I sure hope so because in the north now its mostly older people there too and the young kids I cant see replicating the old up there but since so many different young people come here from all over, maybe it does have a chance I don't know.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:51 PM

190 posts, read 180,168 times
Quote:
Millenials loathe florida. florida to them is tacky, lame, creepy, weird etc... Boomer retirement IS the peak growth of this state and once its over its will be a desolate shell of the "golden era" of cookie cutter houses, unchecked sprawl and unlimited habitat destruction.

Look at how fast it almost got really bad in 2009 when those gubment 401ks and pensions almost went bye bye...
I am the Nintendo generation on the border of Millenials and I don't hate FL.. I used to though. But then again I lived at home and my mom moved to these subdivisions so far out it was ridiculous and they all had cookie cutter homes. Now do I think that's so bad? No but what I do think is bad is how many people were approved to live in these places that clearly could not afford it but sold the properties to them anyways and now most of them have renters. But then again if you're in Old FL you can find other issues like code enforcement or people who keep real sloppy homes and have just let a lot go for the long time they lived in those homes and I learned that the hard way too by going into older areas of FL mostly Hillsborough and Pinellas. So I am not so against newer because chances are the places will be cleaner anyhow but ya I used to frown on cookie cutter homes a lot thinking anywhere that was not cookie cutter was a lot better but nope.. again something else I learned the hard way when I left FL.

If Florida needs to improve anywhere, rentals have to come down and competition for rentals in good areas need to drop. Its not as overpopulated as CA but still, its enough of an annoyance to complain about. FL is quite expensive sometimes considering you can have a bad area right nearby or you could even be in one and deed restricted communities also get certain elements in them too. And whats amazing is some of these old timers who lived here a long time or seem "down home" are participating in charging extremely high rent to people also. Its totally ridiculous so ya that's my main complaint about FL I have is this paragraph mostly and some landlords show no remorse and literally rent slums out. I am heavily starting to wonder if Hillsborough is right for me and if its not, I could return to Bradenton where at least theres a little more normalcy. Sarasota wouldn't fix a lot of my issues though as there is a big wealth gap even more there to peoples incomes.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:32 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,626 times
Quote:
Classic boomer response, trust me nobody wants to be like you guys or follow in your footsteps your egocentric personalities is what destroyed this country in the first place!

Actually, all that we boomers did that was wrong was to raise a generation of entitled losers who live in their mother's basement, play Xbox and complain about how tough life is. That's what we did wrong.

Last edited by kiggy; 10-07-2015 at 12:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area