Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 05:57 PM

57 posts, read 49,744 times

Advertisements

dixie_dust wow! I am speechless. You sound kind of bitter. When I started doing research on where to retire to the North Port, Punta Gorda area seemed to have low crime. I know about the 7 eleven thing but thats not the norm for Punta Gorda. All I want to do is find a nice little town for my wife and I to retire to.
Kind of the place I live now without the snow. I know the world is screwed up beyond belief. But I'm 60 and just want to sit by the pool with some good people and relax.

And jean are you in the North Port area? What areas do you like the best?

Old 12-30-2015, 08:50 AM

249 posts, read 321,606 times
Wow is right. North Port is a great place to live along with many other areas of SW Florida. Some people just tend to dwell on the bad and can't see past that. Is it perfect here? Of course not. Name me a place that is? We have lived all over the country and this rates very high on our list of great places. From one Iowan to another, life here is good!

Old 12-30-2015, 10:52 AM

704 posts, read 771,659 times
Dixie, I totally get it about the "not so nice" people. However, in comparison to other areas that have grown, at least to me, it really isn't bad. I lived the majority of my life in Dallas and at one point, had someone told me that it would change the way it did I would have been shocked. IMHO, it is just what happens when your population grows. You will wind up with more "not so nice" people. It is a very disappointing fact when you have lived somewhere for a long time and that place has grown.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:17 AM

Could a Moderator please Close this thread? It has been hi-jacked

Old 12-31-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie_dust View Post
Comparing the Dallas MSA to anything in SWFL is nonsequitur. @Old Gal : you don't "get" "not so nice people" ??? if you don't "get it", then I can't help you, and more than likely, no one else can.

You don't understand? any fool knows growth in population means more people...the salient point for SW FL is that during any growth period, SW FL has attracted a different kind of criminals and quasi-criminals from various places across the nation. Florida has always been a HAVEN for runaways, gangsters, dope traffikers, white collar criminals, and even crooked politicians.

One driving force is the liberal laws affecting ownership or a primary residence..[SIZE=2]Under most circumstances, a lien cannot be placed on your home for a debt that has nothing to do with your home.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]If you own the home you live in, your home is protected from all creditors except those holding a mortgage or lien on your residence. You can exempt or protect your home and up to one-half acre of land from any forced sale if you live in an incorporated area. This also applies to mobile homes. If you live in an unincorporated area, you can protect up to 160 acres as homestead property.

Bet you didn't know that...that's a BIG DRAW for n'eer do wells, and criminals...the first thing they do is buy a house, or estate, and many pay cash.....this goes for foreign investors too.

duh
[/SIZE]
@Dixie, ok, you're right;. Horrible horrible horrible place - do not come here.

Sorry n0xd.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:03 AM

I guess won't be posting " Happy New Year from Mike in Iowa" tomorrow.
But to all the good people on here I hope you have a good one. You can't make a unhappy person happy. They have to do that by them selves.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:21 AM

Mike, Happy New Year to you and all here on CD.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:36 PM

Thanks Old Gal, you too!

Old 12-31-2015, 05:19 PM

249 posts, read 321,606 times
Happy new year Mike! We are celebrating with a bunch of nice Florida people. Imagine that!

Old 12-31-2015, 05:42 PM

No way. Not hanging with the blue collar criminals tonight? Heading over to the neighborhood party. It's mango rum and pepsi for me tonight. Have fun. Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area