Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 03:41 PM

17,484 posts, read 38,920,587 times

Advertisements

Well all this makes me SO GLAD I stuck with Brighthouse! They aren't perfect and I was almost going to switch to Fios a few months ago. Sorry for you folks with problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 05:51 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,724,159 times
We have FIOS and haven't had one blip in our service when Frontier took over. We recently got our first bill from them that was the same monthly charge as from Verizon. If it wasn't for the name change and news articles we wouldn't have known there had been a change.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:20 PM

132 posts, read 151,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
We have FIOS and haven't had one blip in our service when Frontier took over. We recently got our first bill from them that was the same monthly charge as from Verizon. If it wasn't for the name change and news articles we wouldn't have known there had been a change.
So glad it worked out for you like that - your story seems more rare from what I have seen (but the squeaky wheels are at it - I was one of them). I filed with the FCC because of a transfer order that never happened and all of the bad stuff. Got a bill from Frontier which was $12 over what I was paying (and missing a bunch of VOD channels, poor internet and problems with our phone). Seems to be resolved now since my FCC complaint actually escalated my issue. They cancelled my account with no issues or fees and we got Comcast who bent over backwards to do things right. I did manage to cancel Frontier - I think. I also sent their equipment back (Verizon stuff) and they didn't seem to really care too much about it because the sent a tiny box.

I really don't understand why they did not plan things better. Been a fiasco.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:48 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,724,159 times
Good for you going through the FCC! Our son has Comcast and I've not been impressed, so we are staying with Frontier.

I think it was badly handled by Frontier too and don't understand why some were more affected than others. All I really care about is internet, we stream programs and DH works at home some days and it's a must-have, not a nice-to-have these days.

I really want Internet only but have found it's too expensive as a stand alone, the deals are in bundles, which needs to be changed IMO.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:40 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,602,807 times
Our daughter says they haven't noticed any problems since the change but here in TX where we are now--plenty of Fios customers are still complaining about service issues...

Old 05-23-2016, 08:50 AM

6,286 posts, read 4,805,540 times
I live in Buffalo NY and will soon be relocating to Florida and maybe we will have Frontier FIOS. I have had Verizon FIOS here since the minute it was available and it has been relatively perfect. Except for when we went on vacation and put things on hold and got a bill for $70. They reinstated our sevice which was $15/month with only phone which was on a per minute basis. They left it on the per minute instead of reinstating the unlimited we had before and we incurred a big bill which was rectified after 2 hours on the phone (they are on strike). I would not be complaining too much about Frontier because with the strike here the service is dismal and you get inexperienced people to help you. I am sure when the strike is over things will return to normal but for now there are probably similar levels of customer service. Verizon is roughly 40 times the size of Frontier so of course it has more money to put into customer service and the like but hopefully Frontier will get the kinks out. Things like this happen and its impossible to foresee ever issue in advance. I really like FIOS (except for the cost) and wouldn't be that upset if we had it in Florida.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:32 PM

50 posts, read 54,474 times
We just moved to Sarasota on May 28. A week prior, I contacted Frontier to set up service (the house already had Verizon fios wired in). The best start date they could give me was June 8, almost 2 weeks. They sent me a few promotional emails but no confirmation of the order. I called them June 3rd to get confirmation of the install date but got nothing but a revolving phone tree - never spoke with a live person. This continued for several days and I finally got a real person on the line who promised to email me a confirmation (I had been using the cell connection on my ipad). Not surprisingly, I got nothing from them. Anticipating that no one from Frontier would show on the appointed install date (June 8), I made plans with Xfinity (Comcast) to install cable service, which they did on Saturday June 11, quite to my satisfaction, as promised. I still haven't heard a thing from Frontier. They are a joke and I don't know how they stay in business. Check out the You Tube video of the Tampa TV reporter grilling a Frontier exec about their service failures which affected many small businesses. Frontier is a joke.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:17 PM

33 posts, read 39,020 times
It's been horrible for me. I moved down here and got Verizon r8ght before the switch.. I had no idea. The TV remote app doesn't work. 75% of the on demand shows are gone. I couldn't pay my bill online for over 2 weeks.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:30 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,217,799 times
Just reported on WINK news - Verizon cellular service is down over most of Florida, No word on how long until it will be fixed.

We have Straight Talk and they use Verizon's towers. Both phones are dead.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:31 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,602,807 times
One issue with service is that the OnDemand feature lacks many of the shows that Fios carried
Our daughter is still missing some movies and friendbin DFW Tx area has had really weak wifi strength and same issue with purchased movies after a month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area