U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 07:31 AM

132 posts, read 123,138 times

Advertisements

Given the acquisition of Verizon residential FiOS by Frontier and the switch that was initiated yesterday, not sure if you have experienced any blips ... but we certainly have.

Some of the stuff:

- no access to account info online either through Verizon or Frontier (a supposed merging of records is happening now - spoke to Frontier and they said this merge could take 2 weeks!) We are moving and transferring services - neither Verizon nor Frontier has record of this to preview. So, my pending order is just up in the air and I feel SOL.

- no access to HBO on Demand, Showtime on Demand on TV or on my iPad. These seem to be gone from the Premium Channel lineup (they have a relatively lame lineup).

I have an overall feeling of impending doom when I think about this merger/buyout. Things were supposed to be seamless ... but they aren't.

Anyone else having any luck or different experiences? The Frontier customer support person I spoke to was on the job for 1 day ... so she didn't have a clue. Looks like TX is having some issues:

UPDATE: On day of Verizon’s switch to Frontier, Texas customers finding frustrating fails | | Dallas Morning News

I'm hoping by our move on the 11th (scheduled for service disconnect and transfer too that day) things are worked out. But I have very little confidence. YIKES!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 07:49 AM

People are having bad experiences throughout FL ...

Can anyone provide any local alternatives that you are happy with here?

Old 04-02-2016, 08:20 AM

Looking at Comcast / Xfinity. Any experience?

Old 04-02-2016, 08:46 AM

9,751 posts, read 3,603,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkygrl View Post
Looking at Comcast / Xfinity. Any experience?
People bash Comcast but I have never had any problems. I have had them for 5 years. Almost no loss of service, excellent internet speed and the xfinity has nice features.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:15 AM

32,633 posts, read 51,264,756 times
This was story in my DFW TX area yesterday
Outages Reported As Verizon Services Move To Frontier « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
Came here to see if anyone experienced the same problems
We are not at FL home to know
Will these issues resolve themselves with time or should we have our daughter go over and try wifi and cable for problems that need to be reported and resolved on site?

Old 04-02-2016, 09:25 AM

3 posts, read 3,192 times
lost service last night for a few hours ..... back online now

Old 04-02-2016, 10:49 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,007,425 times
FIOS and no issues.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:22 PM

16,380 posts, read 19,756,408 times
I lost my internet service for 1 entire day due to the Verizon to Frontier merger. It's back now.

The letter that Verizon/Frontier sent about the merger only gave a web site for service/issues/FAQ. Because my internet was out, I couldn't get to the site. So I found the 800# for Verizon. It had a recorded message about the merger and it gave the Frontier 800#.

When calling the Frontier tel# they picked up quickly, which was impressive. I called twice several hours apart and both times they answered fast. Maybe it's because they are hiding their tel#.

FYI about the "on demand" TV services that aren't working. The Frontier tel# had some prerecorded messages that mentioned the service isn't yet working and I think they said in the next couple weeks the "on demand" will be ready - and that they are actively working on it now.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:53 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,757,173 times
I work 100% from home and was nervous about this changeover. When we had our home built we originally had Brighthouse however they failed several times within the first week we moved in so we switched to Fios, only concern was one time wechad some sod replaced and the crew cut the Fios line because it wasn't buried deep enough with the machine the tech used. They came the next day and re spliced it problem solved.

So far we have been fine, our tv service still says Verizon on the banner so I can't tell if my home has been switched yet, other people in my subdivision have had sporadic outages, slow Internet, Im unsure here to send my bill which is due on the 15th so I'm sure all this will get ironed out, I imagine it is impossible to flip the switch on millions of customers in Florida Texas and California withoutvsome type of service impact but for us it either Frontier or Brighthouse and Brighthouse did me wrong.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:29 PM

6,864 posts, read 10,388,890 times
I've received 3 e-mails in the last two days to transfer account info from Verizon to new Frontier account. A couple of weeks ago, I received a snail mail that everything was to be a seamless switch of info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area