Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2016, 01:59 PM

197 posts, read 183,020 times

Advertisements

Residence at University Groves: Is this area affected by fly over noise being so close to the airport?

Can anyone tell me anything good or bad about this neighborhood?

Thanks Dorothy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 03:12 PM

4,614 posts, read 7,535,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotbowels View Post
Residence at University Groves: Is this area affected by fly over noise being so close to the airport?

Thanks Dorothy

It's not on the regular flight paths for the airport, those swing south of University and also over the bay, depending on the runways used.

You'll notice some background noise from the traffic on University Parkway, especially during AM and PM commuting hours.

I sold a home in University Groves this past winter, buyer loves it, loves the neighborhood, likes being a short distance from a shopping center and some restaurants.

Lawn maintenance is included in the HOA fees. They do not have a clubhouse or community pool/amenities. If you want those, you would have to look into the newer D R Horton community being built to the west, Soleil.

Old 06-26-2016, 03:26 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,740,370 times
I agree with Sunshine. I, too, sold one in there back in May that I listed for some friends. They never mentioned the planes the entire time they lived there and I never noticed them, either. It's a nice location. The only drawback, IMHO, is that the schools serving the area aren't A-rated. Even if you don't care about it for yourself, it still limits the buyer pool when you plan to sell. Nevertheless, we went under contract in only days.

I noticed, FWIW, that the neighbor's do ride and walk the neighborhood and were very friendly.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:12 AM

20 posts, read 19,872 times
Quote:

Thanks Dorothy

Nay, no planes. Good or bad things? Good is centrally located to grocery, other retail on University, including car repair, banking, liquor, Starbucks (if that's your thing), UPS shipping, and fuel. it's also a straight short shot to the airport!.

The bad: This area is probably one of the most OVERpriced since its original developer and builder, Fidelity Homes, then they went broke. Some of the original buyers really got screwed. One dumb Canadian actually paid close to 600k for one of the models. Talk about stupid. Several others got taken to the cleaners as well. Then the new developer came in and built similar but smaller houses in the original section, and I think Horton did the newer section - smaller houses, closer together, and way too expensive per square foot. I think the area is nice and desirable, but it's not priced competitively at all in my sole opinion, and has been that way for a very long time. There's better value out there.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMemeFemme View Post
Nay, no planes. Good or bad things? Good is centrally located to grocery, other retail on University, including car repair, banking, liquor, Starbucks (if that's your thing), UPS shipping, and fuel. it's also a straight short shot to the airport!.

The bad: This area is probably one of the most OVERpriced since its original developer and builder, Fidelity Homes, then they went broke. Some of the original buyers really got screwed. One dumb Canadian actually paid close to 600k for one of the models. Talk about stupid. Several others got taken to the cleaners as well. Then the new developer came in and built similar but smaller houses in the original section, and I think Horton did the newer section - smaller houses, closer together, and way too expensive per square foot. I think the area is nice and desirable, but it's not priced competitively at all in my sole opinion, and has been that way for a very long time. There's better value out there.

Thanks for replies ! Where would the better value be ?

Old 07-05-2016, 09:35 AM

Thanks for replies, location is great, I think we like the area. but want a community pool. Any suggestions appreciated. Dorothy

Old 07-05-2016, 12:57 PM

4,614 posts, read 7,535,442 times
Quote:
Thanks for replies, location is great, I think we like the area. but want a community pool. Any suggestions appreciated. Dorothy
Just west of the neighborhood DR Horton is building new construction at Soleil. That community does have a clubhouse and community pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area