Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 11:49 AM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times

Advertisements

It's Friday and time once again for the list of events going on in and around the Bradenton - Sarasota - Venice area this weekend.

Before getting into that, I do want to take a moment to briefly comment on what happened in Dallas last night. Without getting into politics, I just want to say my thoughts and prayers are with the families of the 5 police officers slain in the line of duty. I have both friends and family members who now serve or are retired from serving as police officers or sheriff deputies. It is not an easy job, but a necessary one.

Back to the events.

FRIDAY

Free Music Night -- Venice, at the Centennial Park gazebo, 7 - 9 pm.

Collector Car Appreciation Day -- Hooters parking lot, Bradenton, 4908 14th St W. Starts at 5 pm.

SATURDAY

Sarasota Farmers Market -- downtown at Lemon & Main, 7 am - 1 pm.
Central Sarasota Farmers Market -- corner Proctor & Beneva, 8 am - 1 pm.
Bradenton Farmers Market -- downtown historic Bradenton, 9 am - 2 pm.
Venice Farmers Market -- downtown Venice, 8 am - noon

Selby's Splashin Saturdays -- each Saturday in June & July -- Water slides & activities, kids activities, 10 am - 12 pm. Regular admission prices: Adults $19, children 4 - 11 $6.

Sarasota Reptiles & Exotic Animals Show -- at the Sarasota county fairgrounds, Potter Building, 10 am - 5 pm. Reptiles, vendors, supplies, seminars. Adults $10, ages 5 - 12 $5, over 5 get in free.

Westfield Sarasota Square Mall's Summer Series for Kids -- free interactive performances with singing and dancing, 1 - 5 pm.

SATURDAY & SUNDAY

Dig the Beach Siesta Key Volley Ball Classic -- starts 8:30 am each day, free admission for spectators, Siesta Key public beach.

Sarasota Lionfish Derby -- sponsored by Mote Marine, event to catch the invasive Lionfish species. Captains meeting Friday 6:30 pm. Fishing all day Saturday. Sunday 12 - 3 pm scoring and awards, plus samples of cooked Lionfish.

SUNDAY

Bridge Street Market --great farmers market option on Anna Maria Island, 10 am - 3 pm.

Siesta Key Farmers Market -- Siesta Village Plaza, 8 am - 2 pm.

Siesta Key Drum Circle -- just before sunset at Siesta Key public beach, everyone welcome.

Have a great weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 01:15 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,741,856 times
Since you opened the thread up to the subject, I just want to say that there is nothing political about what happened in Dallas; it was murder fueled by hatred and fanned by those who traffic in hate. 99% of the LEOs out there (if not more) are great people who dedicate their lives to helping others while having to deal with the worst our society has to offer. They have my greatest respect and appreciation, and I hope you will communicate that to your friends and family members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area