Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 08:45 PM

57 posts, read 49,427 times

Advertisements

Thanks jean, I plan to get right on it when I get down there. Although I have had all my extra parts already removed up here (gall bladder, appendix) and I'm 62 on Halloween you never know when something might come up. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 08:10 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,671,441 times
We just moved from Ohio to north port 2 months ago! We researched for 2 years before making the move. So far we are loving it, great area and we have found Venice to be a favorite spot for restaurants and their beach - about 25 min drive for us, we're also about 30-40 min to Sarasota, which we love.

When we transferred our vehicle it was $380 I believe. Drivers license were $54 each person. We did it at port Charlotte dmv because they had the best hours - north port was only open one or two days a week. One thing I'll say is even though it was busy, the wait wasn't long at all.

We have not started looking into doctors but this makes me think we probably should. My husband and I are late 20s but you never know what could come up. Good luck with the search and move! Try to not stress so much and enjoy it - ok easier said then done!

Old 09-19-2016, 06:02 PM

44 posts, read 51,618 times
This was a question I had earlier - whether it was hard to find a doctor. Is it common for doctors not to take new patients in the Venice-Englewood area?

Old 09-20-2016, 03:25 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,826,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0xd View Post
Hi Cindy, how long before you move down? We have been planning this for over a year. Just waiting for my wife to retire. Now that we are down to a month it's getting real. Worrying about doctors and good hospitals etc. Where we live now (W. Des Moines Iowa) there is excellent health care.
Midwest living is nice but the winters can be tough. We lived in the country for 18 years on 7 acres near where they filmed the bridges of Madison county and our roads got snow plowed last. If you didn't have a good 4 wheel drive you might not get out. Anyway I will post on here when I get down there and give my honest opinion about things as I see it for future Floridians.
Hi there! My spouse is 64 and still not retired yet and I am 54. We live in Wisconsin
We have been dreaming of moving to Florida for many years now! We just really can't afford it yet. Besides that, I still have a minor child that I share custody of with his Dad. He is almost 17 though so I am hoping we can move right after he graduates HS. If we find money tight, we will just have to sell everything we have and maybe move into a condo in Florida and I'll have to find work. (?) Not sure yet but the goal to get to Florida will not go away LOLOLOL I really REALLY am not looking forward to yet another winter here!! Man, I just can't stand driving in that slop!! My spouse used to plow snow as a side job (his own private business) for about 35 years. It was really good money though!

I have met a couple of really nice people on here that also are dreaming of getting to Florida so it is really fun to exchange info!
Looking forward to your experiences as well! Thanks for reaching out to me Have a great day!!

Old 04-27-2017, 08:43 PM

59 posts, read 56,004 times
Hi Mike! We, too, will be moving from Iowa (QCA) - where in Iowa did you live? I'll need a doctor sooner rather than later since I'm a type 1 diabetic. I've found what seems to be a great endocrinologist in Sarasota, but will ask mine to refer me prior to moving.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:23 AM

149 posts, read 139,377 times
I moved to North Port 7 years ago........ and I LOVE it! I transferred my tags and registration as soon as I got here. It costs me about $37.00 a year to renew the tags. My DL took a couple of trips into the DMV because I was not educated about the documents they require. So, save yourself a few trips and go onto the website and make sure you have everything with you.

There are lots of Doctors in Sarasota County. Do your research. I personally LOVE my doctor... he has been with me through a few scares and has taken his personal time to care for me and check up on me. His name is Dr. Ballestas. His office is near the Fawcett Memorial Hospital in Port Charlotte. Worth the drive for me. His nurses are great, and he is an internal medicine doctor.

North Port is a great place to be!

Old 04-28-2017, 02:56 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,826,288 times
Just wondering how you are doing OP! Let us know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area