Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 10:50 AM

81 posts, read 75,507 times

Advertisements

Urgent & Important: If anyone has information on the closing of the Closet Divas Consignment on the corner of Beneva & Webber in Sarasota, please post a response for all to see. I had some items on consignment there, and when I tried to stop in today I discovered that the store was recently vacated – completely empty, no informative signs posted, nothing.

The pet shop next store said that many others who had items consigned were also inquiring – no one was given any notice, and there are many unhappy people.

Address: 3576 Webber Street. Their number (941-927-7467) is disconnected. Their website has been taken down. Their Facebook page as not been updated in a long time.

They also had a hair salon in the back of the store – the name on the card I have is Janelle (Master Stylist).

Any information appreciated - before I go to the authorities – on the store owner’s name address, current number, etc. etc. Thank you in advance for any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 02:58 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,741,856 times
This might be a lead for you
Detail by Entity Name

Old 09-30-2016, 06:31 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
The same type of thing happened to me many years ago - there were stores that would sell your items on Ebay for you - I left a few items there - had not heard from them to see if my items sold - went there - store was gone, number was disconnected - all the same - police took a report but nothing was ever done - never got my items back.

Last edited by Nancy in Nokomis; 09-30-2016 at 06:43 PM..

Old 09-30-2016, 06:37 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,693,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtix View Post
Urgent & Important: If anyone has information on the closing of the Closet Divas Consignment on the corner of Beneva & Webber in Sarasota, please post a response for all to see. I had some items on consignment there, and when I tried to stop in today I discovered that the store was recently vacated – completely empty, no informative signs posted, nothing.

The pet shop next store said that many others who had items consigned were also inquiring – no one was given any notice, and there are many unhappy people.

Address: 3576 Webber Street. Their number (941-927-7467) is disconnected. Their website has been taken down. Their Facebook page as not been updated in a long time.

They also had a hair salon in the back of the store – the name on the card I have is Janelle (Master Stylist).

Any information appreciated - before I go to the authorities – on the store owner’s name address, current number, etc. etc. Thank you in advance for any information.
you could try channel 8 on your side to see if they can help you-

Old 10-01-2016, 06:41 AM

704 posts, read 771,563 times
Try contacting the real estate company who leases the space. They may be able to provide contact information although at this point I doubt you will see any money or your consigned items.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:57 AM

Thanks all.

I have obtained her name, home address, and phone number. Would it be violating any forum rules if I posted them? I would be doing so in the public interest, so that anyone else who has been similarly scammed can follow up with this knowledge as they see fit.

If OK, I will post this information. Enlightenment appreciated.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:31 AM

547 posts, read 926,739 times
I would want to know what the other side of the story is. Maybe, just maybe there is a reason. I am not excusing the persons actions, but it would be nice to hear the other side of the story. Then if she / he / them are truly bad, out them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtix View Post
Thanks all.
I have obtained her name, home address, and phone number. Would it be violating any forum rules if I posted them? I would be doing so in the public interest, so that anyone else who has been similarly scammed can follow up with this knowledge as they see fit.

If OK, I will post this information. Enlightenment appreciated.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:03 PM

Believe me - I'd like to hear the "other side" too - if there is one. I called & left voicemails, I emailed, I dialogued via FB messaging with her "friend" who said she would pass along our conversations - no return response, nothing. She has my number & email address. Nothing. I don't know what that tells you, but I know what it tells me. Again, I will post her name, address & phone number - in the public interest - if doing so does not violate any forum rules. Clarification on this appreciated.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:43 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,741,856 times
There is no "public interest" here. You said the store is closed so it's not like you are saving someone from making the mistake of using her business. I posts the link to her business registration which gives her name and address so anyone who is interested can look. My advice, since you asked, is to send a demand letter (google it for examples) by US Mail, proof of delivery, return receipt requested. If you hear nothing, go to small claims.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:01 PM

112 posts, read 184,537 times
I would assume that the police will advise you that this is a civil matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area