Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 01:54 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyVincente View Post
I suppose my point as a businessman, is that we have way too much proliferation of "burger joints" (or pizza serving) serving "craft beers" as well. (I choose to define burger joint a bit loosely)
Just look at what's in a 1.5-2 mile radius of UTC:

1. Chili's
2. Applebees
3. Five Guys
4. Square 1
5. Rusty Bucket
6. BURGERFi
7. Burgers and Beer
8. Evie's
9. LeeRoy Selmon's
10.Oak and Stone
11.Newk's
12. Freddy's Steakburgers
13. Gecko's (S Cattlemen)
14. Culver's
15. McAllister's
16. Ed's Tavern
17. Ruby Tuesday
18. White horse Pub
Definitely a lot of choices that all offer "similar" items - some do have a good section of non burger meals. Anyways of these though the pricing is quite scattered. Culvers and Freddy's both are fairly inexpensive - to me anyways while others are in a quite high range. We tried Freddy's not long ago and for the pricing.. Really enjoyed it for a lunch! The food seemed pretty decent quality and was very fresh. To me ruby Tuesday and a few others are just to pricey for the meals.. Never cared for it. Haven't been to five guys in a long time but I think the prices were rather fair..? Not sure anymore though. I think the moderate priced options with still decent quality food will make it - like Freddy's or Culvers. Other chains on the list are a bit overrated IMO.

I think so many are pouring in and opening up as the area continues to grow.. Maybe they're coming in to quick? Or maybe as the area grows things will pick up for them - or at least for the good ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 07:12 PM

33 posts, read 39,187 times
I think Culver's is disgusting. As far as burger chains go, Wendy's and five guys wins it for me

Old 10-06-2016, 04:50 AM

133 posts, read 131,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm1204 View Post
I think Culver's is disgusting. As far as burger chains go, Wendy's and five guys wins it for me
I thought the Culver's on University towards 301 was the nastiest, with stupid people lined up for this garbage. Truly the worst I've had in this area, hands down.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:06 AM

76 posts, read 108,524 times
I agree, too much of nothing is being offered. If we want a good meal, we cook it. If we want good burgers we build them at home and even use paper plates so we can relax after. Most restaurants are over priced for food that's average at best.

When we go out to eat, it's practically always to have foods that are impractical to make at home due to the type of ingredients or special equipment needed. For example, Asian food requires small amounts of many ingredients, not to mention years of practice to make them correctly, there are other examples that come to mind. Even when we decide to go to a specialty restaurant we'll walk in, look around at the cleanliness and if the place smells bad have no problem walking out. We will also complain if the food served to us is not good and tell them to take it back, let the cook eat it, if they're offended fine, we're not coming back anyway! I routinely check for restaurant closures from the dept. of health, you should too.

Caveat Emptor!

Old 10-06-2016, 07:47 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_visiting 9 View Post
I agree, too much of nothing is being offered. If we want a good meal, we cook it. If we want good burgers we build them at home and even use paper plates so we can relax after. Most restaurants are over priced for food that's average at best.

When we go out to eat, it's practically always to have foods that are impractical to make at home due to the type of ingredients or special equipment needed. For example, Asian food requires small amounts of many ingredients, not to mention years of practice to make them correctly, there are other examples that come to mind. Even when we decide to go to a specialty restaurant we'll walk in, look around at the cleanliness and if the place smells bad have no problem walking out. We will also complain if the food served to us is not good and tell them to take it back, let the cook eat it, if they're offended fine, we're not coming back anyway! I routinely check for restaurant closures from the dept. of health, you should too.

Caveat Emptor!
Agree completely. We have recently started meal planning and trying new recipes out each week. Since doing this, we find that eating out many times has become disappointing. Either by the taste, quality or how they cook and prepare the food. A lot of times it's the execution by the cooks that ruin the meal. We're realizing also how many places are just average or below and for what you pay.. It's very disappointing.

Your second paragraph is exactly why we rarely order burgers. We feel burgers is one of the easiest things to make or recreate at home with great flavor and quality. That's why we normally skip it when out and also go for something that is harder to make at home with multiple ingredients that's more time consuming.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:07 AM

76 posts, read 108,524 times
I agree with your being in agreement!! (LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: