U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 04:02 PM

58 posts, read 165,135 times

Advertisements

There are some people who charge 900 dollars for a pair of shoes. Other people charge 1dollar for a pair of equally functional flip flops.
If people charge 899 dollars too much for a pair of shoes, only Imalda Marcos will buy them, no one else. And who wants to buy what a criminal tyrant buys that robs her people?
If people want to overpay, let them overpay, just do not join them.
If you offer less rent a decent landlord may accept less if you are a good tenant, negotiate, negotiate, negotiate.
If you offer 50% of ask a buyer may sell and be satisfied if his next place costs 50% less.
Or go to TRULIA.COM and buy a place for 10 cents on the dollar.
BTW- Imalda Marcos and her husband were criminals forced to flee thier country. Imalda engaged in obscene consumption at best .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 04:28 PM

15,976 posts, read 33,824,703 times
Well, for what it's worth, I checked out Trulia, and there were over 900 foreclosures in Sarasota. Not sure if that even counted the short sales - wow, indeed. Think I'll tell my in-laws to wait, I don't like the ramifications of buying something in those neighborhoods with vacant homes and undesirable rentals - been there and done that, and never again.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:36 PM

27,236 posts, read 43,247,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
You're confusing me....it's an issue of supply and demand...or, if you build it in the right area, it will be easy to sell or rent...i.e. location, location, location...

If you're a "city" person, you will gravitate to downtown SRQ and know how to find the right place at rent below $1,000....if you're into planned developments, you'll find what you're looking for as well...

You can't even get a crack house for under $100K....it is what it is...SRQ is no more unaffordable than Bradenton...get real...

This discussion reminds me of how people shop, some know how to find a bargain at Saks while another one couldn't find a bargain if it was looking them in the face.......and you know, I just saved a whole bunch of money on my car insurance
I won't pay $1000 a month for rent...and I've never HAD to. I currently pay...according to my girlfriend, who handles the money...$620 and that includes water and electric.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:04 PM

Warren Buffet said housing costs will go to fundamental true cost value.
That means 69,000 for 3-4 bedroom new houses, that is cost and land to build new, and 18,000 to 39,000 for condos.
Rents are 10 to 11 x cost. 690-740 to rent a house, 390 - 440 to rent a condo.
That is about 25% to 32% average income piti incling ALL utilities and hidden fees, that is in line with true and fundamental actual value 2008 costs for a housing unit. 2008 material labor and lot building costs are the same as they were 30 years ago according to inflation index.
So we have a long long way to go down to get to Warren Buffets fundamental housing unit TRUE 2008 costs and true values.
A long slippery slope down. Huge downsize loss, very little to no upside gain unless you buy at fundamental true value cost and pay taxes and fees in line with fundamental true 2008 cost values and then your only gain will be a home you like.
$710,000 dollar homes in CA recently sold for $71,000 dollars, thier actual 2008 true material labor and lot cost and value. Walk thru menards and see new home builder kits selling for 39,000 dollars, complete with a garage, those are 2008 costs.
People will not make killings in the housing rackets anymore, many divorces came from inflated housing prices, many homeless were created by inflated housing prices, many cases of malnutrition, sickness and obesity are due to INFLATED artificial housing unit costs, house poor and rent poor people eat cheap junk filler food, macaroni and cheese pasta and duncan hines cakes and can not afford quality foods and adequite nutrition so they fill up on empty calories. Courts are filled 90% of cases with people who can not pay RENT or mortage housing costs. Inflated taxes are driving families out of thier homes and creating inner city and suburban and rural wastelands.
The housing corrections have only just begun thier return to fundamental true value and 2008 cost.
Homes are not ATM machines nor are they piggy banks, homes are not flipper speculation toys, homes are not slumlord gouger pits aka mr.potter the loan shark slumlord of pottersville. Homes and housing units are where humans live, raise kids and retire.
The housing market will crash just like enron crashed. And the crash will not end until housing units price reflect actual 2008 building labor and land true value fundamental value. I believe Warren Buffet any day over some tout with an ulterior motive.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:11 AM

4,835 posts, read 13,028,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I won't pay $1000 a month for rent...and I've never HAD to. I currently pay...according to my girlfriend, who handles the money...$620 and that includes water and electric.
And if you two split up, will Bradenton remain affordable? just kidding, seriously everyone has their own spot in the building of the world...we're all on different floors and some elevators only stop on the odd numbered floors....gosh, my floor is 7 1/2...kind of like in "Being John Malkovich".

Old 04-11-2008, 11:47 AM

Inflated counties in Florida are hit hard by housing corrections, 92 NEW Foreclosures in Sarasota THIS WEEK, add to the 850 foreclosures in Sarasota county LAST WEEK and that is only from one source, Trulia.com
Florida is hit hard because Florida is all RETIREES, and there is no job and no industry base to support inflated housing unit costs. Over 30 million retirees will live solely on SSA retirement benefits, another 20 million retirees will live on small pensions 1/3rd of thier working income, the few million retirees with IRA and KEOGHs will get interest payouts less then 5% on thier retirement funds and a senior or retired vet living poverty level retirement incomes will not and can not pay for inflated Florida housing unit costs. Most seniors end up at poverty level or below the poverty level in retirement years.

Seniors moved to Florida because Florida had no high winter heating costs and seniors were strapped paying northern state high heating costs, so they went to Florida, when Florida retirement housing unit costs were affordable and priced at true land lot labor and material value. Costs were 25% to 32% of income, including piti and utilities and fees for a retirement housing unit.
There are no rich retirees flocking to Florida and there will be no rich retirees flocking to Florida, demographics and senior incomes do not support that irrational belief. There are very few rich retirees in all of America. Florida utilities now gouge air conditioning costs that once would offset retirees heating costs, so the value of lower utility cost is gone for florida retirement.
If one spouse dies, the other spouse has 50% less income, if seniors need extra medical care, there is not one penny left to pay inflated housing unit costs.
Florida has become the mecca for bums, crooks, hobos, predators, hot shot con men, deadbeat dads evading the law, broke bustouts drowning in debt, all these derilict men from the upper 45 or so states get on a bus every Oct and invade Florida to PREY ON and rob senior citizens in Florida, many of the cooked hobo's stay on in Florida and get fly by nite jobs as crooked mortage brokers, dishonest salesmen/ crooked property managers, developers, real estate salesmen, and other sundry swindler and hustler jobs, those college educated criminal hobos stay in florida and corrupt the markets, the rest of the hobo's take a 50 dollar train back to the northern states in May.
Las Vegas is a clean town compared to what predator enrot criminal men and thier jezebel bird dog women, and hobo bums are doing to Florida. It is nothing short of PREDATORY PRACTICE ON SENIOR CITIZENS, price gouging and robbing seniors via inflated housing unit costs.
The same breed of Enron crooks TARGETED senior citizens in CA and raised the CA seniors CA electric costs from 50 dollars a month to 250 and 300 dollars a month. The enrot trials produced exceutives bragging on tape recorded phone calls how they were going 'to rob grandma and grandpa in gouger cost schemes' they used vulgar words that are too obscene to post to describe what they were doing to seniors.

Families and singles can not get jobs in Florida in proportion to enrot inflated housing unit costs, so thier homes are going into foreclosure every week and there are no new buyers, some homes have been sitting vacant for over 3 years with only 1 looker every year. I think enrot crooks want to BLIGHT sarasota and other florida counties to turn it into a gambling hell hole, like vegas or atlantic city.
The carolinas are wise, they do not allow low life gamblers to destroy and blight thier states.
Florida prices will correct to before enrot price inflation or florida will be the worst transient state in the nation, worse then new orleans.
As a desireable affordable retirement spot florida lost its value. Geographically Florida is 8 feet above sea level, the rest of usa is 200 to 250 feet above sea level. A raise in the sea water level will impact Florida, the east coast miami area is already experiencing terrible beach erosion problems, no seawall can stop the water.
I hope the corrections in housing unit costs will force enrot housing unit inflator crooks out of Florida for good. These enrot men make thier crooked living overcharging overtaxing over assessing, over hoa gouging, land rate rent gouging, robbing and acting as PARASITES on homeowners and renters, and no one is paying/feeding these enrot NO VALUE PARASITES so the housing makets are now correcting to actual land, lot cost, and material and labor value, drywall btw is $3.50 a sheet, enough to wall almost half a small room, labor for drywall hangers is 7.00 an hour. It takes LESS then one hour to hang/nail a sheet of drywall.
The seniors are too poor and the gen Xers and families are too information savvy to pay $35,000 for a $3.50 cost board of drywall from a big box menards or home depot store.

Last edited by jay2007; 04-11-2008 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-11-2008, 12:56 PM

HOUSING BUBBLE MEETS PIN

mcmansion builders overbuilt, homeowners suckered by crooked lenders and enrot inflated prices are walking away from the enrot inflated homes, leaving the keys in the door.
The enrot clowns are all trying to get jobs in PROPERTY MANAGEMENT now, to rob homeowners and renters by trying to enrot inflate hoa and land rental fees and renters fees and gated community fees . Owners and renters are REFUSING TO PAY, attys reccomend paying 10 cents on the dollar every month until criminal misappropriation of fees is exposed, and others are selling at loss and fleeing in droves from ENROT HOUSING UNIT PREDATORS AND PRICE GOUGER ENROT PROPERTY MANAGERS. New buyers are RUNNING from enrot inflated land rents and criminally inflated hoa fees set by enrot crooks now invading the PROPERTY MANAGEMENT field. btw - enrot property managers are often sued for deriliction of duty and fraud in property management, crooks do not spend money on repairs, crooks spend money on criminal defense lawyers. Judges say the average (enrot) crook depends on the fact that 9 out of 10 defrauded people will not sue the enrot crook for fraud, deriliction of duty, misappropriation and illegal price gouging.

Last edited by jay2007; 04-11-2008 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-12-2008, 02:16 PM

27,236 posts, read 43,247,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
And if you two split up, will Bradenton remain affordable? just kidding, seriously everyone has their own spot in the building of the world...we're all on different floors and some elevators only stop on the odd numbered floors....gosh, my floor is 7 1/2...kind of like in "Being John Malkovich".

Since I'm the only one with income...yeah, I'd say it would for ME. She might have a bit of a problem.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:02 PM

5,819 posts, read 9,471,045 times
Smile Florida and wealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2007 View Post
HOUSING BUBBLE MEETS PIN

mcmansion builders overbuilt, homeowners suckered by crooked lenders and enrot inflated prices are walking away from the enrot inflated homes, leaving the keys in the door.
The enrot clowns are all trying to get jobs in PROPERTY MANAGEMENT now, to rob homeowners and renters by trying to enrot inflate hoa and land rental fees and renters fees and gated community fees . Owners and renters are REFUSING TO PAY, attys reccomend paying 10 cents on the dollar every month until criminal misappropriation of fees is exposed, and others are selling at loss and fleeing in droves from ENROT HOUSING UNIT PREDATORS AND PRICE GOUGER ENROT PROPERTY MANAGERS. New buyers are RUNNING from enrot inflated land rents and criminally inflated hoa fees set by enrot crooks now invading the PROPERTY MANAGEMENT field. btw - enrot property managers are often sued for deriliction of duty and fraud in property management, crooks do not spend money on repairs, crooks spend money on criminal defense lawyers. Judges say the average (enrot) crook depends on the fact that 9 out of 10 defrauded people will not sue the enrot crook for fraud, deriliction of duty, misappropriation and illegal price gouging.
I see the word "enrot" in your posts - do you mean Enron?

Also, the retiree of 30 years is vastly different from the retirees of the next 20 years coming up...if they retire fully, that is. I would not count Florida out as a destination for retirees. Most people I know have planned well - I seem to be one of the struggling ones out there but my husband and I have a few years to go. Florida is such a diverse state; there is something here for everyone!

Old 04-12-2008, 04:43 PM

Enrot is a descriptive of Enron. If retirees have saved up for retirement, there are plenty of mouth watering, chomp licking, desperate sellers in Florida and CA ready to take all the retirees hard earned, hard saved cash via inflated sale price, then there are the drug $ corrupted cash hungry politicians that will raise taxes thru the roof to take more of the retirees hard earned hard saved cash, Then there are all the desperado enrot type criminals trying to now hide in property management jobs ready to rob and gouge retirees with fraudulent hoa fees and illegal inflated price gouging land rent assessments, then there are the no money desperado derilict commisioners who will raise retirees water bills thru the roof JUST BECAUSE there's a retiree with hard earned, hard saved cash, that the no money, money hungry local Florida desperados can FLEECE.

Florida is currently a desperado state, leading the nation in number of foreclosures, followed by CA and Detroit and Michigan. If you avoid trendy pricey drug $ corrupted counties in Florida a retiree should be fine. A new law just passed in Florida, people may carry guns at work in Florida. That sure smells of desperados to me.

In Italy there were generations 3,4,5 generations, of families that were homeless, lived on the streets, because the grotesque animalesque Padrones, local sweat shop owners and landowners, wanted to be assured of a desperate supply of homeless women to rape and exploit and have a supply of desperate homeless men to rob, exploit in thier padrone sweatshops.
Lil wanna be padrones abound in Florida. They will all see continued corrections in the
markets. Fortunately in USA we have laws and systems to protect homeless men and women from Padone engineered price gouging rape and exploitation. So much for the romanesque and mediterainian model of tyranical price gouging and predatory pricing practices. Flush...... to predators.
Did I mention the same no money clowns that crashed the stock market in 2000 and created Enron are the same no money group that became mortgage brokers and underwriters? These same no money clowns are all clamoring for propety management jobs now as a way to rob retirees and homeowners via illegal hoa fees and illegal price gouging land rent fees.
Caveat Emptor
Buyer Beware

Last edited by jay2007; 04-12-2008 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area