Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2016, 05:49 PM

11 posts, read 10,010 times

Advertisements

I will be starting a new job at Sarasota Memorial Hospital at the end of January and need to find a safe affordable place to live in Sarasota/Bradenton area. I have started to look online on the apartment finder websites like realtor.com, apartmentguide, etc..., but am already getting discouraged with the rental prices. I thought the Tampa Bay area was expensive, but the nicer places I've found online list a 1BR for no less than 1100. Most of them are in the 1200s! I am trying to stay within 30 minutes of the hospital. If anyone has any recommendations of apartments, condos, or realtors that are good in the area I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 07:18 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,689,979 times
not a good time of the year to go looking for apartments. Try to find a studio for three or so months if you can stand it and then when you are settled, look for something more permanent.

Old 12-22-2016, 04:37 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,144,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyQ555 View Post
I will be starting a new job at Sarasota Memorial Hospital at the end of January and need to find a safe affordable place to live in Sarasota/Bradenton area. I have started to look online on the apartment finder websites like realtor.com, apartmentguide, etc..., but am already getting discouraged with the rental prices. I thought the Tampa Bay area was expensive, but the nicer places I've found online list a 1BR for no less than 1100. Most of them are in the 1200s! I am trying to stay within 30 minutes of the hospital. If anyone has any recommendations of apartments, condos, or realtors that are good in the area I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
You're coming into Sarasota during season. There's not much available until after Easter when the tourist traffic slows down. Most of the house shares are going for $600 to $800 per month & that would be your best bet in my opinion.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:14 PM

I am finding that out! Are there any areas/communities that are better to live in or ones to avoid? I have heard that east of Bradenton mall is not good. I am looking for somewhere that is convenient to local shopping and has areas that are safe to go running. I am focusing on Sarasota and Bradenton but would be willing to look at other good areas that would be within a 30 minute drive. I plan to drive and look around myself, but the more information I have the better so I don't make a bad decision I end up regretting! Thanks.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:21 PM

Thanks for your input. I am seeing this is true. What do you mean by house shares? Do you mean having a roommate? I'd rather avoid moving in with a complete stranger if possible. Too many unknowns and of course safety and financial risk.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:08 PM

4,621 posts, read 7,545,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyQ555 View Post
I am finding that out! Are there any areas/communities that are better to live in or ones to avoid? I have heard that east of Bradenton mall is not good. I am looking for somewhere that is convenient to local shopping and has areas that are safe to go running. I am focusing on Sarasota and Bradenton but would be willing to look at other good areas that would be within a 30 minute drive. I plan to drive and look around myself, but the more information I have the better so I don't make a bad decision I end up regretting! Thanks.

Try looking in The Meadows and/or Palm Aire. Both master communities offer a number of condo and villa neighborhoods, including less expensive rental 1 or 2 bedroom units. Both are close to University Parkway, but should still fit within your 30 minute drive timeline.

There are also several apartment complexes along University Parkway you might check for vacancies.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:55 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,689,979 times
you might want to concentrate in the area near and around the hospital. There are plenty of good neighborhoods with plenty of amenities near the area.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:44 AM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoman_6 View Post
you might want to concentrate in the area near and around the hospital. There are plenty of good neighborhoods with plenty of amenities near the area.
Everything near the hospital is very expensive. I doubt she can find anything within her budget there. I do think there are options in the University Parkway area - lots of condos and apartments there, many communities. Or farther north in East Manatee.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:56 AM

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I am planning to look around the area this coming week and will focus on University Parkway, the Meadows and Palm Aire and hopefully will have better luck with the New Year! Merry Christmas to everyone!

Old 01-09-2017, 06:06 PM

Well, I finally found a place in Bradenton, near Lakewood Ranch. It's not cheap, but it's brand new and costs less than much older places in Sarasota. I have submitted the application, so hopefully it will go through. Now I just have to find an affordable way to move my couch, bed and a coffee table from Tampa to Bradenton. That's literally all of my furniture since I moved her less than a year ago with nothing. I hate to hire a moving company for such a small move, but I can't do it myself and don't have family around to help or a truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area