Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2017, 07:07 PM

695 posts, read 996,879 times

Advertisements

It looks like Comcast only has offices/service centers in Bradenton and Venice. According to what I found online, the Sarasota office that was on Fruitville Rd has been closed.

Does Comcast offer internet service in Sarasota? If so, I wonder why they would close an office in the city. The only two offices I found in the area were in Venice and Bradenton. Perhaps the Bradenton location on University Parkway is reasonably convenient to Sarasota?

Is Comcast a big player/internet provider in Sarasota? I have Comcast here in SE Michigan, and I detest the lack of competition and monopoly power these ISPs have in every state, but Comcast has provided consistent internet connectivity, and it's convenient to have a local office to go to take care of business, ask questions, etc, rather than calling and getting someone halfway around the world in India. Sorry for the rant. Just trying to scope out the internet situation in Sarasota....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 04:20 AM

547 posts, read 926,307 times
How often would you want to, or need to,go to a physical location? I have been a comcast customer for a LONG time, I remember going exactly one time, to exchange hardware. The answers to most questions can be found online. For the others I guess you would have to call
I will say that their service has been dependable. From what I read, overhear, and from talking to friends comcast is not bad, especially considering other providers.
The current location ( I had to Google it) is not that far from the former.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:19 AM

4,788 posts, read 10,602,776 times
CC customer here for 4 seasons in Venice area, and 8 winter seasons previously in Naples...
CC is our phone, cable and net service as it is the default service in this and our previous community.

It runs well, though it has occasional glitches as do most services. All anecdotal.
We have ~50-60 Mbps Down/25+ Up most of the time.

We do have considerable new construction in adjoining communities so glitches happen.

As for the Venice CC office, I have been there twice, (simply to get equip exchanged vs having them mail it to me), and that V office is like a NY/NJ DMV office out of the '90s. But, I agree with Picshooter: how often is one going to 'go there'?

Not an expert on 'all the area ISP providers' but many communities will have a 'default' provider that is often bundled into annual fees, though some to many communities will have alternative providers 'available'. YMMV...

GL, mD

Old 02-27-2017, 07:11 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
I know nothing about Comcast, but we have Spectrum which was formerly Brighthouse. Unlike it's competitor (Fios/Frontier) service actually IMPROVED quite a bit with the changover. I have been pretty satisfied with this service and am glad I never went with FIOS back in the day.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:55 AM

87 posts, read 119,400 times
hmm...what happened to their huge office on Fruitville/Honore

Old 02-27-2017, 01:42 PM

53 posts, read 53,485 times
Office moved from Fruitville to University.
5231 University Ave

Old 02-27-2017, 03:30 PM

Everybody's moving to Lakewood Rich

Old 02-28-2017, 07:35 PM

77 posts, read 246,747 times
When I arrived at the Fruitville office yesterday to exchange my HD box for a DVR box I was highly disappointed that they were closed. I had to go to Fruitville but it only took me another 10 minutes and it is a very nice building and very nice people, but then again I was a very simple customer.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:34 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,688,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalin Kane View Post
Yep, including some very shady businesses as well. It's truly remarkable
just had to slip that in, eh?

Old 03-05-2017, 12:01 PM

Thread drift but..... I look around and wonder how so many afford (or not) so much stuff. I definitely was in the wrong lines of work in that respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area