Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 07:39 PM

461 posts, read 554,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
I personally know of a child that was denied the use of the bathroom - so he wet himself - a lawyer was contacted - I have also heard of abuse - it might not be on-line. Do you work for Sarasota County?

In Arizona or a part of TX I believe it was, they denied migrants the right to use bathrooms and thats why all the scat was all over the walls on the outside. Is this one of those cases because I need to know if they do that kind of crap here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 05:10 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,149 times
Here is one Oak Park abuse report - I will look for more

Oak Park South school worker faces child abuse charge - News - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - Sarasota, FL

Well - this is Oak Park S. - will search for more

I cant reveal where I heard about the bathroom incident because I am not really supposed to talk about it - I heard it from an attorney

Here is an Oak Park bus driver beating up a kid

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/saras...15acde2e3.html

Old 03-15-2017, 05:18 PM

Look what kind of man the principal of Oak Park is - not sure if he is currently principal

The Coalition for Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports: FL: Sarasota County School Board sued over abuse case

There is more stuff - a blog was going around but I think they took it down - you don't have to believe me - I, for one - would NEVER let my child anywhere near that school - this is just my opinion

My son has problems but he is very smart - Oak Park is rating of "1" on a scale of "10" on Great Schools - you would have to be nuts to send your child there.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:02 AM

25 posts, read 41,904 times
Default Thank you

Thank you so much for all the insight. I have also seen the FACE school in Tampa, that one is supposed to be free. I called the Beyond the Spectrum school and the lady was very helpful. She said that to qualify for the McKay scholarship you have to spend a year in public schools and get an IEP. My son has had an IEP since 2015 here on Kauai. She did say that Sarasota doesn't have much sped support.

Thanks and any more info on the Florida Autism Center for Excellence (FACE) in Tampa and the school "Beyond the Spectrum" school, let me know!

Mahalo

Old 03-16-2017, 07:39 AM

547 posts, read 926,238 times
Great job disparaging some dedicated professional people. Even though you are "not sure" you didn't care enough to check the schools web site to see who the current principal is.
In the abuse case, you are referring to a principal who was never charged,for an incident that happened at Venice High.
In another incident you are referring to Oak Park South, which is an entirely different school.
There is another incident that you can't reveal. Sounds like someone was talking about something they weren't supposed to, to someone who shouldn't have knowledge of.

I am happy you found the right school for your son. Have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
Look what kind of man the principal of Oak Park is - not sure if he is currently principal

The Coalition for Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports: FL: Sarasota County School Board sued over abuse case

There is more stuff - a blog was going around but I think they took it down - you don't have to believe me - I, for one - would NEVER let my child anywhere near that school - this is just my opinion

My son has problems but he is very smart - Oak Park is rating of "1" on a scale of "10" on Great Schools - you would have to be nuts to send your child there.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:51 PM

Sorry Picshooter - I am just a concerned Mother - Sarasota Schools failed my son and I guess it makes me bitter. Sorry my information is not good enough for you - many bad things about the school are not published and covered up as many things are.

Only a parent with a special needs child can really comment on this post anyway - if you don't have a special needs child YOU KNOW NOTHING! Even if you teach special needs children YOU KNOW NOTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE ONE OF YOUR OWN -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area