Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 11:15 PM

461 posts, read 554,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
SouthSota14 - I can see how the area can be boring for a young person but wait until you see how cruddy many other areas are - hehe - this is paradise compared to most of the country
Sarasota area is very establishment, cookie cutter, and a mediocre existence for the most part. Thats the last thing I want to hear as I thought I was ready for Sarasota after seeing the city area or the bad parts of Largo but nope, I got proved time again why this was NEVER the place for me no matter how many times I move back to it. Whether it be Sarasota, Parrish, wherever it was I lived here. My thoughts from 2008 have resurfaced to 2016.. only last time it was in Parrish. 2016 its Sarasota where I find I am complaining about the same thing. Parrish is like a country exurb extention of Sarasota now that I seen how living in Sarasota really is.

When I see the times changing and getting worse, Sarasota is feeling more like the 1930s with progress. Which means it isnt. I am a progressive, I was white nationalist or 1488'er type but overall 3rd party, not republican and I didnt jump on the Trump bandwagon after all and vote for him. Fact is, if you have alternate views, you will be an outcast. Whether you're progressive, far right, libertarian. You have to be establishment here. It reflects.

Come on people its a problem when you see all these 20-30 somethings getting old before their time, towing the party line or being real white supremacists in the making by turning a blind eye to bad things going on and the rich skypes robbing everyone blind. I dont see a progressive mentality at all in the area. I see everyone just going along, being lead, living in a DREAM WORLD. You living in a dream worrrllldd DREAM WORLD you living in a dream WORLLDDDD. Or should I quote Peter Garrett from Midnight Oil... YOUR DREAM WORLD IS JUST ABOUT TO E-END... FA-ALLL. The time has come, to say fairs fair, to pay the rent.. to pay our share.. the time has come a facts a fact, it belongs to them we're gonna give it back!

[Moderator cut: links removed . not really on topic

Last edited by nancy thereader; 04-17-2017 at 01:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 06:11 AM

733 posts, read 761,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
Sarasota area is ...
We do know your views from this and many other threads, and I will not attempt to discredit them. But could we please keep this one thread on-topic: Some of my favorite things about living in the Sarasota? There are people who do like it here, and it's ok to let them state why. Certainly no single person's experience or perfect place means it will be the best place for everyone.

For now, let's just let people enjoy and list these things here in this thread without trying to discredit their positive experiences. Thank you.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:26 PM

287 posts, read 300,127 times
The Cheetah Lounge is one of my favorite things about
Sarasota. Now that my niece quit, I can go back.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:05 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,142,093 times
Nothing like hitting up the Cheetah after the Bahi Hut

Old 04-24-2017, 09:52 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,692,335 times
We have been and still are in love with the Sarasota area. Been here for 8 months now. Favorite things are of course the beaches, sunsets, warm winters, lots of outdoor activities, festivals/events and the people we have met. I love going to the beach for sunset and walking along the sand, feet in the water and usually striking up a conversation with someone there doing the same. There's always something to do or a new place on the list to visit. Also I love that Sarasota area is such easy access to weekend trips. I never get tired of going over the bridge from St Armand's into Sarasota, it's so beautiful! We also have found many many excellent restaurants across the county!

Old 04-24-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Nothing like hitting up the Cheetah after the Bahi Hut

Yea those are in the parts I DO NOT go into. I am over it all.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:45 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,692,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
Yea those are in the parts I DO NOT go into. I am over it all.
If your so unhappy here, which by all your posts indicate you are, why do you not make a plan to move away? Not every location is right for everyone.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
If your so unhappy here, which by all your posts indicate you are, why do you not make a plan to move away? Not every location is right for everyone.
I AM. I am just trying to plan it right and go around May 10th or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area