Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 07:43 PM

407 posts, read 828,879 times

Advertisements

Have you looked in Parrish? Might be surprised, but purchasing a home might only cost a couple hundred more per month than rent. Did for me! In Parrish you get a lot of home for your money.

St. Pete is a great option to live (in my opinion). Over the skyway and south on US 19 wouldn't be too terrible of a commute. But if the skyway bridge is closed due to weather or an accident there is no way to get into Bradenton other than to drive around Tampa Bay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 08:31 PM

37 posts, read 30,009 times
Thanks for the info! Will just be graduating from college and looking to rent apt. Won't know anyone yet so looking for social scene but job is in Bradenton just trying to figure out all the options. Don't have to be in office at 8 am so that will help with commute some. Just now learning about all the cities. Moving fm a big city so used to being on the go and looking forward to all the outdoor activities and want to be near other young professionals, great food, fun etc

Old 04-17-2017, 11:11 AM

I understand completely! I graduated from a Florida university last year. I was from NY and moved to Fort Myers to attend school. Lived off campus for 5 years. Worked in the area as well. I felt so out of place. I was on the search for an area of the state with young professionals like you and I. Sarasota and Bradenton differently have an older population. Doesn't compare to Fort Myers and Naples in my opinion. Naples is really the extreme of seasonal residents and retirees. Haven't observed that in this area. That's a plus. St. Pete and Tampa offer more culture and activities compared to many other Florida cities. I do some of my grocery shopping in St Pete at speciality stores. Tampa offers a lot of good shows and concerts. There is an abundant amount of Zoos, aquariums, museums, in the area. Busch Gardens is within the hour as well.

There are a lot of great options to rent. I was originally looking to rent as well. Everything I looked at was over a $1,000+ a month. You might find more affordable options in St. Pete.

If you have any questions about the local area let me know.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:49 PM

You live in Sarasota now? If I look there for an apt, what areas would you rec. for younger population? I am going to check out all the areas people have suggested in Bradenton area and Sarasota but just fm internet searching it seems St Pete might be more in line. It so hard to do from afar. I am going to come down and check it out but will need to have a tight schedule and properties lined up to look at so I'm trying to do advance researcch. I"m willing to pay a little more in rent to be in the right spot since I won't be moving with anyone my living spot will be even more important. thx!

Old 04-17-2017, 01:07 PM

I live in Parrish (approx. 15-20 min north of Sarasota).
When I was looking at rent, the majority of the complexes I was looking at were in LWR. Beautiful area! I wouldn't say young population, definitely more families in the area. If you are looking for "young" in Sarasota, I honestly don't know where to look. Possibly along University pkwy near the mall.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Brand new apartments that look tailored for the younger set - walk to DT Sarasota
Sarasota, FL Apartments in the Rosemary District | CitySide Apartments

Old 04-17-2017, 06:12 PM

thx I will check it out!

Old 04-18-2017, 07:56 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
If I were single and younger that is exactly where I would want to live (Rosemary). That is the new happening spot. I drive through it regularly and cannot believe how fantastic it is looking. New entertainment and shopping venues opening there all the time. Great area, fantastic transformation.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:58 PM

28 posts, read 28,938 times
St. Pete is a much nicer city for someone looking for nightlife/events/things to do, but the Skyway bridge can cause issues when it closes during inclement weather - and there's really no alternative route that won't take you over an hour to get to AMI. It also will likely set you back $40-50 a month in tolls.

NW Bradenton is pretty nice, it's getting more built up but I will say most everything is still closed by 9 or 10 pm. It has a pretty small town feel on the west side but it's also safer - there are some fun places on Manatee and Cortez closer to the beach, I'd just consult crime maps to see if you're in the red depending on the area, as it gets spotty in some neighborhoods. You might want to live in Bradenton for the easier commutes and just head to Tampa/St. Pete for weekend fun.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:34 PM

Thank you so much! I had no idea about the tolls and that there were tollroads there. I've heard that the bridge does not close but a couple times a year. Is that not accurate ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area