Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,371,675 times

Advertisements

We live off of North Cranberry and have not had an issue here at all with crime. Homes are all newer and well maintained. Sure we have a few empty homes in the neighborhood but the lawns are kept cut so they aren't an eye sore. This area is good, off Chamberlin also appears to be a nice area. Ride around towards evening when people are home from work, stop and talk to people and ask about the neighborhood. I'm sure that there are a lot of nice areas that I'm not even familiar with. Giving you a zip code I don't think would do a lot of good as you are going to find good and bad areas within all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 11:15 AM
CTC

668 posts, read 1,465,836 times
We just got back from 2 weeks at our home in NP. We have a second home in the older part near warm mineral springs, but except for one or two houses in our neighborhood, it is clean and well maintained. I think things have improved quite a bit in the last year or so. We love having the greenbelt in our backyard and easy access to all the great things in the area without it being too expensive or crowded.

Very impressed with the city services as well. One can arrange with the city to have 2 free removals each year-which came in very handy (old kitchen cabinets). Also I like that the Police makes regular patrols. One night we were awakened by a pounding on the door-it turns out that we had left the back door of our rental mini van opened. The police were making sure everything was ok, and that we didn't have anything stolen out of the van etc. Everything was there including some kayaking equipment and the GPS.

To the NP PD-Thanks!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:36 PM

10 posts, read 26,220 times
Has anybody had any problems with neighbors parking in front of your home? I can't seem to get North Port PD or Code Enforcement to do anything about it. My next step to stop this nuisance is file a civil suit on my neighbors! $$$

Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 AM

6 posts, read 8,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
We live off of North Cranberry and have not had an issue here at all with crime. Homes are all newer and well maintained. Sure we have a few empty homes in the neighborhood but the lawns are kept cut so they aren't an eye sore. This area is good, off Chamberlin also appears to be a nice area. Ride around towards evening when people are home from work, stop and talk to people and ask about the neighborhood. I'm sure that there are a lot of nice areas that I'm not even familiar with. Giving you a zip code I don't think would do a lot of good as you are going to find good and bad areas within all of them.
thanks, I live off east price, its good area, and close to port charlotte, since I love pc a lot. but sadly I need to down size the house, this house is too big for me, need to save some money. but really want to stay in north port and buy house again here in np. maybe I need to drive around north port which I never did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area