Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2017, 10:57 AM

4 posts, read 7,286 times

Advertisements

My daughter is looking to move to Bradenton. She has an active and very social 10-year-old boy. She and her husband are interested in a house in the Briarwood community, but became concerned when they saw no children in the neighborhood and none in the community pool at a time when she thought kids would be outside (yes, we know nobody plays outside in Florida in the summertime except tourists :-).

If someone could clue me in on the prevailing demographics of Briarwood I would be very grateful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 12:41 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times
My suggestion would be to find out how they are progressing with the renewal of their deed restrictions. My understanding is that the current ones expires sometime in the next year and the HOA is working to put together updated HOA documents that would have to be refiled with the state. However, if a majority of the lot owners in the subdivision do not vote to renew them, then the subdivision becomes non-deed restricted. I do not wish to get into a debate about deed restricted vs non-deed restricted neighborhoods, there are several threads on this forum where the issue has been debated in the past. However, that will have an impact on the subdivision going forward if the deed restrictions are dropped.

As to your original question, I have been caught behind the school bus as it stops at Briarwood from time to time, the community definitely has children.

Here's a link to the community website, perhaps your daughter can track down someone from the board to ask more specific questions about the deed restrictions and demographics of the community.

Briarwood Master Association Community Homepage

Old 09-07-2017, 03:14 PM

Very helpful. Thanks Sunshine Rules!

Old 09-10-2017, 10:23 AM

44 posts, read 44,774 times
Briarwood, off 33rd is NOT in Bradenton, it's in southern Manatee County. It is not serviced by the City of Bradenton. It's quite far from the city limits. I don't know if I would buy anything in there in the first place, it's surrounded by a weird blend of industrial, warehouse, commercial and multi-family housing which has attracted a bunch of low lifes and their children. The location is sort of central to access to 63rd, Honore, Lockwood, SR70 and 301, but it's also down the street from one of the lousiest Walmarts and Sam's I've ever seen. The customers at WM have recently (over the past 12 years) have turned into a shopping haven for illegals. As long as you go eastward on SR70 to do some errands you're fine. Having said that Briarwood itself is not bad at all - it's what's around it that makes it questionable for the future.

Try looking at one of the subdivisions off of Lockwood Ridge/Honore/Whitfield(including one or two older ones and at least 3 others getting built now). Take a look at Peridia about one-half mile north on SR70 just barely east of 33rd as well, even though not full of kids.

I think that immediate area (along 33rd) is becoming or has been full of white trash to some extent, but nobody wants to articulate that.

Money is the determinate - sometimes, but not all he time in SRQMana - some of the biggest trash I've met here has been in Lakewood Ranch living in 700k houses, and in 800k condos in DT SRQ and LBK.

If you gave me a house in the Briarwood area, I would sell it the same day.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:38 AM

Thanks for responding Jan (for some reason I didn't get a notification that you had responded - hence late reply). We're still looking!

Old 09-28-2017, 05:51 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
Try to get them in a Sarasota School district - not Manatee -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area