Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:10 AM

960 posts, read 1,687,682 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
My husband and I are heading up to the Parrish area this coming weekend to look around at the new developments in the area. We are coming from South Sarasota County and are looking at buying a new single family home. We have checked out our area, and a ton of the new developments. Although they are very nice, they have the dreaded CDD fees.
We are looking at the under $250,000 range, and hoping to keep it more in the $200,000 range. We haven't any children, so schools and those types of things are unimportant to us. We don't care about golf course communities, and are just looking for a nice new development with plenty of green space and hopefully some undisturbed nature. Gated communities are preferred.
We'd like a dependable builder, so any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Carbondated; 03-17-2008 at 10:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 11:00 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,639 times
We are in Bradenton but will be moving to Parrish. We are looking in the same price range as you and HATE CDD communities. Chelsea and Ancient Oaks (these are our favorites) are nice and they aren't CDD, Creekside Preserve and River Plantation are not CDD -- From what I found, most of them weren't CDD communities.. I know Forest Creek is. Look into Kingsfield, Kingsfield lakes and Lexington Im not sure if they are..Parrish is beautiful and you can't beat the homes. You can get a great house for decent money--If you google "Parrish Florida CDD communities" it should give you an idea of which ones are..

Old 03-17-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
We are in Bradenton but will be moving to Parrish. We are looking in the same price range as you and HATE CDD communities. Chelsea and Ancient Oaks (these are our favorites) are nice and they aren't CDD, Creekside Preserve and River Plantation are not CDD -- From what I found, most of them weren't CDD communities.. I know Forest Creek is. Look into Kingsfield, Kingsfield lakes and Lexington Im not sure if they are..Parrish is beautiful and you can't beat the homes. You can get a great house for decent money--If you google "Parrish Florida CDD communities" it should give you an idea of which ones are..
Thanks Oobie for the great information. We have thrown out the idea of Kingsfield and Kingsfield Lakes since we are familiar with the building quality of Centex. But, we will be sure to get around to see the others that you have mentioned, especially Ancient Oaks.

Are you familiar at all with Morrison Homes? They have a development "Aberdeen" that has some reasonably priced homes.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:20 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
I do have a few suggestions though for areas in Bradenton that I believe don't have CDD fees and that are gated: Rosedale, River Place, River Wilderness, Chelsea Oaks.
I posted on another thread the above builders but I wasn't sure if you'd see it so I reposted.

I did find this on a Morrison Home, not sure if it's the same company thought. If it is it looks like they got mixed reviews.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I do have a few suggestions though for areas in Bradenton that I believe don't have CDD fees and that are gated: Rosedale, River Place, River Wilderness, Chelsea Oaks.
I posted on another thread the above builders but I wasn't sure if you'd see it so I reposted.

I did find this on a Morrison Home, not sure if it's the same company thought. If it is it looks like they got mixed reviews.
Thanks for the information SoFLGal. Looks like Morrison isn't that highly rated. I had hopes for them, since they seem to have quite a few homes in the 250K range and they are planning more communities up in that area in the future.
When we are up in the Parrish area, we are going to stop in on some of the places you mentioned. Thanks again.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:29 AM

233 posts, read 720,816 times
I know there are a couple of homes available in the Ancient Oaks subdivision that are priced around $269K or so. Nice subdivision and larger lots. There are a few others along 301 in Parrish that may be of interest. I'm not sure of any CDD fees for Creekside Preserve. I think that's the name, but I could be wrong. I believe I saw a sign that said starting in the 200's. You may want to check that out as well.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:31 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,639 times
Be sure to compare the HOA fees, some are a lot more than others, and some are quarterly while others are semi- or monthly.. Let me know what you find out. We did our research but could always learn more...

Old 03-18-2008, 06:38 AM

233 posts, read 720,816 times
FYI, the only HOA amount I know for sure is Ancient Oaks. They are $700 for the year, paid quarterly.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:21 PM

12 posts, read 40,563 times
I have been shopping in that area as well, and around your same pricerange.

Creekside Preserve (no CDD fees) doesn't seem to be very well developed so we stayed away from there for fear it wouldn't fill up quickly and resale would be difficult if we needed to sell within a few years (I believe they have only sold 15 homes and its been open for 1 year). We really liked Aberdeen (the price and the floorplan) but decided against it because of a deceptive salesman (he promised us things he couldn't deliver) Also, there are large powerlines that surround the community. Have you looked into Lakeside Preserve? No CDD fees and HOA are around $700 (or $800, I can't remember). I know Lexington had high CDD fees and they were out of our price range. The other option was River Plantation, but that seems to be very remote (at least for us--it was too far away from I75)

Old 03-18-2008, 05:17 PM

Thanks for all the information everyone.

The HOA fee seems reasonable for Ancient Oaks, so that is a plus.

Lakeside Preserve, River Plantation, Creekside Preserve also look very promising. We are unfamiliar with Windward Homes, who seems to be a builder in these communites. They must be out of Tampa. Hopefully we will have enough time to make the drive out to River Plantation.

Thanks again all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area