U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-17-2008, 12:44 PM
 
32,642 posts, read 51,274,220 times
Reputation: 18526

Advertisements

does anyone think the market is about bottomed out>
have you seen any signs that Eurpoeans are buying for investment or second homes like I have read they are doing?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2008, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Marion, IN
8,191 posts, read 29,330,066 times
Reputation: 7296
As a potential buyer in that market I don't think the bottom is anywhere near. I do not see homes flying off of the market to Europeans or anyone else. There may have been a few sales, but this market has a long, long way to go.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 01:06 PM
 
960 posts, read 1,468,238 times
Reputation: 409
Is it just me or did it seem like are there fewer Europeans visiting this year??

The Canadians were here in Sarasota County in droves, but Canadians are like Scottish people when it comes to parting with their money. Just teasing.

News from my European relatives says that their economies are slowing down, unemployment is increasing and people over extended themselves with credit. Don't forget Europe had a housing "bubble" too.

I don't think we are anywhere near where prices of homes are again in fair and equitable correlation with average incomes or as you called it the "bottom".
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Florida
4,835 posts, read 13,031,460 times
Reputation: 2198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
As a potential buyer in that market I don't think the bottom is anywhere near. I do not see homes flying off of the market to Europeans or anyone else. There may have been a few sales, but this market has a long, long way to go.

I don't even think we're halfway to the bottom, yet.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Marion, IN
8,191 posts, read 29,330,066 times
Reputation: 7296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
I don't even think we're halfway to the bottom, yet.
I agree. I am not a "doom & gloom" kind of person, but I do walk around in the light of day with both eyes wide open.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Florida
4,835 posts, read 13,031,460 times
Reputation: 2198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I agree. I am not a "doom & gloom" kind of person, but I do walk around in the light of day with both eyes wide open.
Naw...having lived in this area for past 16 years, I've just about seen it all....I'm glad I have a wonderful job, boss, apartment in a house....I count my blessings everyday & am thank ful not to own a home at this time.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Palm Island and North Port
7,484 posts, read 20,964,497 times
Reputation: 2838
We are seeing LOTS of Canadians right now. I get several emails a day from Canadians. I can tell you what is flying off the shelves, anything that is priced at $150,000 or less. I have eight contacts in right now and every one of the are properties that are $150,000 or less.

Specifically what people are looking for are four bedrooms, with a pool, the more square footage the better and around $150,000.

Anything over $200,000 is just sitting on the market. I'm hearing that the super high (1.5 mil) end is doing quite well also.

As far as the bottom, who knows??? Just when I think it can't go any lower the price clicks down a few notches.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 04:08 PM
 
960 posts, read 1,468,238 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
We are seeing LOTS of Canadians right now. I get several emails a day from Canadians. I can tell you what is flying off the shelves, anything that is priced at $150,000 or less. I have eight contacts in right now and every one of the are properties that are $150,000 or less.

Specifically what people are looking for are four bedrooms, with a pool, the more square footage the better and around $150,000.

Anything over $200,000 is just sitting on the market. I'm hearing that the super high (1.5 mil) end is doing quite well also.

As far as the bottom, who knows??? Just when I think it can't go any lower the price clicks down a few notches.

That would make sense, since the median income for our area is around $40K. So anything around 120K would be reasonable.

Now if I could only find a brand spanking new 3 bedroom +den, 2 bath, 2 car garage in a gated community without a CDD, around $150,000....then that would be great!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Palm Island and North Port
7,484 posts, read 20,964,497 times
Reputation: 2838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
That would make sense, since the median income for our area is around $40K. So anything around 120K would be reasonable.

Now if I could only find a brand spanking new 3 bedroom +den, 2 bath, 2 car garage in a gated community without a CDD, around $150,000....then that would be great!
You're are definitely not going to find anything that cheap in the Bradenton/Parrish area around that price.

I do have a few suggestions though for areas in Bradenton that I believe don't have CDD fees and that are gated: Rosedale, River Place, River Wilderness, Chelsea Oaks.

Good luck with your search!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 05:20 PM
 
177 posts, read 221,154 times
Reputation: 37
Europeans are not buying in the USA any more because our dollar is so weak!
The Germans used to be the big buyers but they are turning to Brazil and other locations.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top