Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 07:58 PM

895 posts, read 1,696,027 times

Advertisements

Hi, 22m here, just moved to the area. I'm curious what the hangout spots are for younger people around here. I am in downtown (palm ave near main st.), and most the places I've looked at have appeared to be primarily middle aged or old. There is nothing wrong with that but I've been looking to meet people my own age. I'm not sure where ringing people go because the area around there doesn't appear that great. Any info is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 08:36 PM

6,466 posts, read 4,338,509 times
I think the bars/clubs on Siesta Key tend to attract a younger crowd.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:10 AM

48 posts, read 78,736 times
Downtown on Friday nights(Clasico, Smoking Joes, Z's, Gator Club, Cask and Ale)

Definitely the youngest bar crowd(early 20's) on Siesta Key on Saturday night(Gilligans, Daquiri Deck, Beach club(which has a great ladies night on Wednesday) )

A couple of places outside these areas (White Buffalo(Thursdays), Oak and Stone, Scullers ale house(late night) )

There are others outside these places but I don't want to ruin the fun of exploring for you, Good luck.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by nivekerotavlas; 10-27-2017 at 08:18 AM..

Old 10-27-2017, 08:31 AM

17,453 posts, read 38,829,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivekerotavlas View Post

Definitely the youngest bar crowd(early 20's) on Siesta Key on Saturday night(Gilligans, Daquiri Deck, Beach club(which has a great ladies night on Wednesday) )

A couple of places outside these areas (White Buffalo(Thursdays), Oak and Stone, Scullers ale house(late night) )

There are others outside these places but I don't want to ruin the fun of exploring for you, Good luck.
Hope this helps.
Great info - and I might add maybe some places in the Rosemary District? Blue Rooster comes to mind. That area is really booming and I think there will be a lot more places for the younger crowd very soon.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:26 AM

21 posts, read 36,281 times
Don't forget DT Bradenton as well

Old 11-02-2017, 03:37 PM

37 posts, read 43,500 times
The Turtle on Ringling Blvd or Big Daddy's on St Armands. Oh, wait...that was 40 years ago. Never mind. Sorry, I can't help you.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:07 PM

744 posts, read 834,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivekerotavlas View Post

Hope this helps.
This is pretty darn close! My question is are you male or female and what type of music are you into?

Old 11-03-2017, 01:15 AM

128 posts, read 165,541 times
They hang out in Tampa, St Pete, Orlando, Gainesville, Miami, and Miami Beach, if they know what's good for em.

Sarasota is a retirement haven. Where you live on Palm and Main is designed for wealthy and posh old retirees. Living right there downtown near Main Street puts you in the best location for meeting young people your age but it could potentially still be a significant drag.

The Ringling students mostly only hang out with other Ringling students. Youre an outsider if you are the same age and a college student yourself. Its just the way it is. You would have to join the school. lol

They gave you good leads (a bunch of bars) but hope you like getting drunk because they basically told you thats the only way to meet people. Be careful and never drive drunk especially on Siesta Key, people get pulled over. Drugs and dive bars will find you faster buddies but think about it.

Rosemary District is for young and fun seniors and middle to late age prostitutes in boutique clothing with chic jewelry items discreetly trolling the bars for sugar daddies. You can go to a bar in the Rosemary district and its all grey hairs all having the greatest grey hair time in the world while you struggle finding a place with youth to connect with. Its like a cross between the movie, Cocoon, and a website for sugar daddies and sugar-Babies.

Downtown Bradenton is for people who live in Bradenton, aka Bradentucky. Downtown Bradenton bars can be a place to meet women late at night but their bar and restaurant workers are snooty and gossipy towards Sarasota visitors. They have a manatee at their downtown aquarium named Snooty.

Take it from here Sorrysota, Jan, and Southsota

Old 11-03-2017, 09:25 AM

733 posts, read 746,757 times
Had a coworker just comment to me the other day - "I found where all the young people are!" He visited the new Lucky's Market and said it was crawling with younger folks. Not sure the age, but hey, at least it's a non-bar option to visit. (Although you can have a drink there while you grocery shop. )

Old 11-06-2017, 08:24 AM

48 posts, read 78,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yalaspa View Post

They gave you good leads (a bunch of bars) but hope you like getting drunk because they basically told you thats the only way to meet people. Be careful and never drive drunk especially on Siesta Key, people get pulled over. Drugs and dive bars will find you faster buddies but think about it.
I had stated the obvious considering bars seem to be a place people congregate socially, though I never wanted to give the impression that is the only way to meet young people here in Sarasota. There are plenty of hobby clubs and gyms in the area that cater to an array of hobbies where I have met people if you are looking to meet people in a non-club/bar/drinking setting. However not knowing you or your hobbies makes it difficult to actually recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area