U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-20-2017, 06:16 AM
 
12 posts, read 7,890 times
Reputation: 27

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gal View Post
We've tried Saltwater and both times I got sick. We usually try a new place once a month or so. It's a hobby of sorts. We thought we had found a great water front place at Casey Key Fish House but the quality there has gone down badly the last few times we were there.

I have to ask how do you screw up banking here? Now real estate is easy to figure out because it is so different.
Boy ! this topic is moving around I see, from homosexuals moving to SRQ to food, to now banking screwups? LOL...okay I'll answer your question. You can screw up banking here by your former bank getting sold to another larger, out of state bank which has different products, fees, and dumb staff.
Look around, it's happened all over here fro decades LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2017, 06:23 AM
 
Location: Venice, FL
704 posts, read 627,307 times
Reputation: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTheide View Post
Boy ! this topic is moving around I see, from homosexuals moving to SRQ to food, to now banking screwups? LOL...okay I'll answer your question. You can screw up banking here by your former bank getting sold to another larger, out of state bank which has different products, fees, and dumb staff.
Look around, it's happened all over here fro decades LOL
I never really thought about it since I have banked with two of the largest national banks for ages.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 06:56 AM
 
12 posts, read 7,890 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gal View Post
I never really thought about it since I have banked with two of the largest national banks for ages.


I understand
but you evidently haven't been around here specifically, and in the State of Florida to know, or realize what has been happening all around you for decades with the advent of a multitude of community bank startups, and a few others that came and went, or transformed themselves, or got kicked out...names such as Enterprise, RBC, MarketplaceBank (aka Canadian Imperial), Southeast, Barnett, and a host of other big names.

This has been the home for pop-up banks, and criminals of course
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 07:16 AM
 
10,747 posts, read 3,280,491 times
Reputation: 11884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gal View Post
We've tried Saltwater and both times I got sick. We usually try a new place once a month or so. It's a hobby of sorts. We thought we had found a great water front place at Casey Key Fish House but the quality there has gone down badly the last few times we were there.

I have to ask how do you screw up banking here? Now real estate is easy to figure out because it is so different.
I know, what the HECK happened to Casey Key Fish House?? Terrible the last two times we went. Like bad diner seafood. It used to be so good, too.

I was wondering why we didn't have to wait the last time we went. Maybe people aren't going there as much anymore.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 07:18 AM
 
Location: Venice, FL
704 posts, read 627,307 times
Reputation: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTheide View Post
I understand[/b] but you evidently haven't been around here specifically, and in the State of Florida to know, or realize what has been happening all around you for decades with the advent of a multitude of community bank startups, and a few others that came and went, or transformed themselves, or got kicked out...names such as Enterprise, RBC, MarketplaceBank (aka Canadian Imperial), Southeast, Barnett, and a host of other big names.

This has been the home for pop-up banks, and criminals of course
I know Texas had/has their fair share of community bank startups that almost always were/are sold to a much larger entity at some point. I don't remember hearing that any were criminal. I was more focused on what was convenient and effective for me. One thing I can say for both large banks is that if you go to the same branch they do tend to get to know you and have been very friendly almost like a small bank feel but with all the big bank amenities.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Venice, FL
704 posts, read 627,307 times
Reputation: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I know, what the HECK happened to Casey Key Fish House?? Terrible the last two times we went. Like bad diner seafood. It used to be so good, too.

I was wondering why we didn't have to wait the last time we went. Maybe people aren't going there as much anymore.
I don't know. I was so disappointed. We went in Oct. to celebrate my birthday. Even told the waitress that it was my birthday. Service was sad. Dinner was horrible. We got the key lime pie to go and when we got home the waitress hadn't even bothered to put whipped cream on it. I know this is a fairly minor detail but just evidence to me that they couldn't care less if you come back. Even my husband who never complains didn't eat all of his dinner and complained when we got home that it just really wasn't nearly as good as it had been in the past. It's no wonder people aren't going. That place is not cheap for dinner. I called and talked to Joe about it and he didn't really seem to be interested. All he said is that the head chef/cook had been there for 7 years.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 10:23 AM
 
Location: SW Florida
1,204 posts, read 912,027 times
Reputation: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RThiede View Post
Agreed..
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTheide View Post
Boy ! this topic is moving around I see
Did you just change the spelling of your name Shekie?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Englewood, FL
1,464 posts, read 1,595,515 times
Reputation: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
Did you just change the spelling of your name Shekie?

Shekie returns! How in the heck did this posting get hijacked???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2017, 01:03 PM
 
10,747 posts, read 3,280,491 times
Reputation: 11884
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTheide View Post
Boy ! this topic is moving around I see, from homosexuals moving to SRQ to food, to now banking screwups? LOL...okay I'll answer your question. You can screw up banking here by your former bank getting sold to another larger, out of state bank which has different products, fees, and dumb staff.
Look around, it's happened all over here fro decades LOL
If the OP is even following this thread anymore, I think it indicates that yes, no one cares if you're gay here, lol. Not really a topic.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2017, 01:05 PM
 
10,747 posts, read 3,280,491 times
Reputation: 11884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gal View Post
I don't know. I was so disappointed. We went in Oct. to celebrate my birthday. Even told the waitress that it was my birthday. Service was sad. Dinner was horrible. We got the key lime pie to go and when we got home the waitress hadn't even bothered to put whipped cream on it. I know this is a fairly minor detail but just evidence to me that they couldn't care less if you come back. Even my husband who never complains didn't eat all of his dinner and complained when we got home that it just really wasn't nearly as good as it had been in the past. It's no wonder people aren't going. That place is not cheap for dinner. I called and talked to Joe about it and he didn't really seem to be interested. All he said is that the head chef/cook had been there for 7 years.
I had a the fish sandwich and it was terrible. The fish was just bad, tough. Hubs had the crabcakes and he said they were bad too. No plans on going back. Such a shame.

Had the same thing with Gulf View Grill over the summer. Food used to be really good, now it's like catering style, seems like they just cook stuff en masse and dump on the plates. Reheated. Won't be going back there either.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:29 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top