U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 03:38 PM

15,833 posts, read 33,163,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Menu prices always go up in season ~ fact. $ does not equal taste.
Truth^^. I could not believe it but the diner near my house (Crager's) has jacked up their menu by several $$$. And the food is very marginal. Seeing such high prices everywhere, and sadly they really don't come down much (if at all) when season is over.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 03:46 PM

9,578 posts, read 2,698,852 times
LOVE this idea. LOVE new potential solutions to current problems. How to screen the young folks to protect the lederly would be the next probem to solve. Whatever we came up with would never be 100% effective, but that wouldnt stop me from trying.

Read an article in the NYTimes last week about how some seniors and younger people were dealing with high housing costs and issues of isolation/mobility...

Seniors with room who own their house or condo/apt are being matched with younger people --college students, workers who can't afford housing on their own in such high COL area-- as roommates....the older people get someone to help with issues they have trouble with like shopping, walking their dog, companionship and the younger ones get reasonable rent in exchange for sharing some of their energy and time...

There are agencies who help match and screen for suitable pairing and while the people in the article were positive about the experience as you would imagine, there does seem lot of validity and logic to doing something like that here....

There are certainly plenty of seniors in this area who have independent living arrangements--own their own home or condo... And there are singles, young and old, that might appreciate having decent living space at reduced market price...
I know that some neighborhoods/HOA might have rules about multiple families in one residence but I imagine there is relaxed rule for "live-in help"....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or