U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 04:32 PM

10,382 posts, read 2,877,327 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know when Esplanade's amenity center will be built? Any solid dates mentioned? We looked there back in October 2017, and I think they said not until the community is 60% sold. We drove through there today, 6 months later, and it looks to be ~20% sold.

All we saw in the area the clubhouse/pool is to be built is a bunch of wooden sticks and flags. Some dirt does appear to have been pushed around in an organized fashion.

They told us we'd have to pay the full HOA fees right away even though no amenities, so we decided to wait, while we continue to shop around.

I'd like to hear some solid information that's not coming from the Builder to a prospective buyer. Maybe from a current resident, or tradesperson in the know.

I'll bet if TM built the amenties all out now, the sales would accelerate greatly. We can't be the only ones hesitant to plunk $500K+ down, pay full HOA fees, and not be able to jump in the community pool.

The Realtors we spoke to are parroting what the buiders sales folks are saying, so no verifiable help there.

I'm trying to avoid a trip to the County permit office might be in order to see if any permits have been pulled.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 05:53 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,748,691 times
Be careful about buying even after you see a community pool has been built in a newer development. We checked out a house showing in a newer development. The community center was built, including the community pool. I checked the water temperature, and it was ice cold. They said that that community pool wouldn’t be heated until the development reached 40% occupancy. Even after enough occupancy was reached, how could you know if the community pool was heated warm enough?

For me, I hate cold water, and the pool needs to be pretty warm. I don’t like the fact that others using the community pool could be peeing and pooping in the community pool without your knowledge and out of your control. I think it’s better to own your pool and hot tub, that way you can control it. If you need a larger pool to swim great distances, you could install an endless lap pool. The pool should also be installed inside a screen cage to help keep out the bugs and debris.

The main reason we didn’t like the newer developments was because the newer developments tend to have very tiny, postage stamp sized lots. The developers are trying to cram too many houses into their developments, in my opinion. The tiny lots make it tough to install anything more than a super tiny pool.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:08 PM

13 posts, read 6,958 times
Sandhill Lakes is a great little community, new construction, only about 40 or so homes, gated, and can be totally customized. The high school is Riverview High. Artistry Sarasota is a beautiful community, a bit lower HOA fees, has an outdoor pool, fitness center, and is gated. Those two stand out to me as communities that have a lot to offer!

Old 05-18-2018, 08:21 AM

4 posts, read 2,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAhnenforscher View Post
Esplanade on Palmer Ranch is a new community that you may be interested in:

https://www.taylormorrison.com/new-h...anch-community
Hi, We just came back from Sarasota. Our realtor showed us Esplanade, but after a pool and minimum upgrades, it was financially out of our reach. Also, they will be building for a very long time, and I'm not interested in living amongst construction. Having said that, it will be a wonderful development when completed.

We saw a home we like in Turtle Rock. That development gets mentioned a lot on these threads, and I can see why. My only concern is that even now - offseason - it takes 20+ minutes to get to the downtown area and about the same to Siesta Key. Since I'll be there mostly during season, I can't imagine the traffic situation. Any thoughts on that is appreciated. Unfortunately, the older homes which are closer to downtown don't appeal. Don't want to buy a tear-down, and from what I'm hearing, the gentrification of many of these areas is slower than expected.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:41 AM

4 posts, read 2,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Does anyone know when Esplanade's amenity center will be built? Any solid dates mentioned? We looked there back in October 2017, and I think they said not until the community is 60% sold. We drove through there today, 6 months later, and it looks to be ~20% sold.

All we saw in the area the clubhouse/pool is to be built is a bunch of wooden sticks and flags. Some dirt does appear to have been pushed around in an organized fashion.

They told us we'd have to pay the full HOA fees right away even though no amenities, so we decided to wait, while we continue to shop around.

I'd like to hear some solid information that's not coming from the Builder to a prospective buyer. Maybe from a current resident, or tradesperson in the know.

I'll bet if TM built the amenties all out now, the sales would accelerate greatly. We can't be the only ones hesitant to plunk $500K+ down, pay full HOA fees, and not be able to jump in the community pool.

The Realtors we spoke to are parroting what the buiders sales folks are saying, so no verifiable help there.

I'm trying to avoid a trip to the County permit office might be in order to see if any permits have been pulled.
Hi Beach43ofus,
We just returned from Sarasota and looked at Esplanade. Beautiful but with pool (which is a must for us,) and some upgrades, it's pricey. We asked about the clubhouse/community pool completion, and I believe the answer was early 2019.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:31 AM

1,707 posts, read 1,304,043 times
Grand Palm in Venice is a very nice community for families.

Grand Palm in Venice, FL by Neal Communities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area