Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2018, 12:59 PM

67 posts, read 65,079 times

Advertisements

Hi...In searching which area is best for families and schools? Any opinions of one vs. the other area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 05:15 PM

17 posts, read 17,231 times
Funny.. I just saw one of your post, you were deciding between NC or Florida. Us too! We chose Florida because we love the beach! Palmer Ranch vs LWR thats the next decision!

Old 01-23-2018, 05:54 PM

Help me! lol I have to keep a focus on the schools for my kids...what are your thoughts?

Old 01-23-2018, 06:37 PM
mba

22 posts, read 30,187 times
We are just starting this decision making process to relocate - between Charleston & Sarasota for the most part. It gets confusing... Planned communities aren’t big in our area - we have HOAs, but nothing like FL for sure - & neighborhoods aren’t really gated - very few. We have 2 boys - elementary & middle - & a dog to consider... Just when I think I have an idea for a direction, a post changes my mind... :-)

Old 01-24-2018, 06:07 PM

MBA we looked in mt. Pleasant sc and we think it's become hyper inflated and you don't get much bang for your buck...

Old 01-25-2018, 07:26 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Both cities have good schools. I live in Sarasota and much prefer it over Palm Harbor. Let me say that no one should let "one post" change your mind about anything. Visit both places, do your research on sites besides this one and make an informed decision. One thing to keep in mind, Sarasota is called the "cultural coast" due to all of the arts and cultural amenities here. Not to mention best beaches.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:55 PM

jwjrburke16 & mba, have you spent much time in Sarasota? When looking at the schools or visiting, which ones feel like 'you'? Like you and your family would fit in and find friends that you have a lot in common with? Palmer Ranch felt like home when we visited last. And I can't fathom paying CDDs (like in Lakewood Ranch), when Palmer Ranch doesn't have them. I am ok driving 15 min up the 75 freeway to get to the mall! Plus, I like planned communities! I know am not in the majority! I've made a list of all the things I enjoy and need in my community (YMCA, little leagues, good shopping malls, library & great date night places!!) and they seem to fit around Sarasota. I guess thats why I feel excited about relocating. Plus I have snowbirds in the family that come down to Nokomis which pretty much guarantees more date nights!!!! If you find a place that fits you then your kids will be happy too! Are you moving for work? Or tired of where you are living now?

Old 01-26-2018, 02:16 PM

It also sounds like a couple of you are planning a trip out to Sarasota soon. Please share your experience! Would love to hear what you saw and are looking into. We plan on moving in May, and at this point, life is so busy closing up work and packing, we won't have a chance to get out there before hand.

Old 04-05-2018, 01:19 PM

27 posts, read 25,861 times
Funny - I checked out NC before choosing FL as well! I've been in Palm Harbor now since 2011 and love it. Moved here from CA. My kids are in grade school and the middle school. PH and Pinellas County have a lot to offer - something for everyone. Very happy here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area