Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 04:12 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

I don't have any relatives in Florida ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 05:58 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Where are the police in Southern Sarasota County? 41 in Osprey and Nokimis is the wild wild west.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:14 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
You don't understand that 41 is a STATE highway--not a city street
So local police don't enforce traffic laws or deal with any accidents
Only Florida Highway Patrol

In my neighborhood which is in Nokomis and unincorporated--not a city itself--
the Sheriff's Dept provides legal authority--and again there is not much sign of them unless there is serious incident
They never just drive through randomly....

Old 01-28-2018, 06:22 AM

Where's the law enforcement in Southern Sarasota County? 41 in Osprey and Nokomis is the wild wild west.

Old 01-28-2018, 06:41 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
So you didn't read my explanation?

Old 01-29-2018, 09:04 PM

I'm in Southeast Florida right now, and the traffic here dwarfs Southwest Florida. Not even close. There are also more aggressive drivers here. Let's be thankful for what we have...for now.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:13 AM

I was in Southeastern Florida a few days ago, and from Jupiter heading South is all jammed up with heavy traffic. I was so happy to return to SRQ. I hope SRQ doesn't get like that in my lifetime. I kept asking myself why so many retired people decide to Winter over there, then I realized, better there than here.

I also noticed they now have the new Yellow Brightline high-speed trains to contend with as well. Brightline's now running between Ft. Lauderdale & West Palm Beach, and the Miami station comes on line soon. Then, the rails will push Northward to Orlando. 32 trains/day stopping East-West bound auto traffic at Hundreds of crossings all up and down the heavily populated coastal areas...oh my! Brighline trains killed 3 people in their first week of operation. The trains looked empty to me.

I witnessed several aggressive drivers in the 3 days I was there, and they were much bolder than ours. Retired NASCAR drivers maybe.

Our decision to settle on this side of Florida is looking better and better each day. Our traffic issues are minor compared to theirs, and no passenger trains over here to contend with. Glad to be home.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:15 AM

I was in Southeastern Florida a few days ago, and from Jupiter heading South is all jammed up with heavy traffic. I was so happy to return to SRQ. I hope SRQ doesn't get like that in my lifetime. I kept asking myself why so many retired people decide to Winter over there, then I realized, better there than here.

I also noticed they now have the new Yellow Brightline high-speed trains to contend with as well. Brightline's now running between Ft. Lauderdale & West Palm Beach, and the Miami station comes on line soon. Then, the rails will push Northward to Orlando. 32 trains/day stopping East-West bound auto traffic at Hundreds of crossings all up and down the heavily populated coastal areas...oh my! Brighline trains killed 3 people in their first week of operation. The trains looked empty to me.

I witnessed several aggressive drivers in the 3 days I was there, and they were much bolder than ours. Retired NASCAR drivers maybe.

Our decision to settle on this side of Florida is looking better and better each day. Our traffic issues are minor compared to theirs, and no passenger trains over here to contend with. Glad to be home.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:12 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
I commuted to Tampa from Sarasota last week ~ 75 to 275 through St. Pete & over the Howard Franklin & up Veterans to exit 10 ~ I left at 7 a.m. on Monday morning & hit St.Pete traffic about 7:45 a.m. bumper to bumper by Tropicana Field ~ got on the HF around 8:15 and even worse ~ took Veterans and saved a whole lot of times as everyone was heading S into the city...

When I had to return on Wednesday, I left at 6:30 a.m. and still hit the TPA bumper to bumper on the HF at 7:45 a.m.

Is traffic bad? 41/Tamiami Trail is a piece of cake compared to a SRQ commute to Tampa. I would not recommend to anyone thinking they want to make a Tampa commute unless you enjoy playing in traffic for two hours ~ imagine you leave home at 6 a.m. or don't need to be in to the office until 10 a.m.

Getting out of LWR through the whole exchange by the mall is nutz & yes, most accidents I'm seeing are a result of impatience and impaired observance.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:56 AM

39 posts, read 22,907 times
I used to commute to Tampa from the 780FV exit, I would not dream of it now. I commuted to DT StPete and it was a piece of cake if I left the house say at 630a - in the afternoon I left at 425p and it was also a piece f cake. I agree, doing a commute to TPA (to anything east of W Kennedy) would be a horror story these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area