U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:55 AM

1,939 posts, read 5,838,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
i go on the great schools site. and on it, manatee is the best. i have told my realator that schools are the most important.
i really appreciate your opinion. i dont know enough to make a huge judgement call yet.. things change quickly in florida so im sure the school systems will have to keep up with the population. its starting to spread into the parrish area so im sure the schools will be great as it gets populated, right? that seems to be the bradenton deal. alot of newer schools. alot of newer everything. lol, everytime i visit there is something new.
more for the money rite now is a good thing and i think if we make a smart choice now we will be happier later and wont have to move...
i really loved sarasota in the beginning of it all. that was my place. i still love it but need to find out about the taxes.
this is all so crazy. lol. i cant believe im moving to florida!!!
Its nuts isn't it? Like a dream coming true! Once you get here you will feel lie you are on vacation the first year. The taxes in Sarasota are cheaper than in Manatee county. However, the homes are more expensive and newer homes (within 5-6 years) are even more expensive than the older ones that are readily available. They also have more traffic! Look into Bd Gullet Elementary too, that another brand new school out in E Btown that is an A rated school. IMO Greatschools isn't very accurate. Have you gone to the Manatee County school website? You can search each school and go to their direct website. This helped me when I was job hunting, you can figure the demographics of the neighborhoods by checking out the pictures on the site.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 10:46 AM

177 posts, read 222,395 times
HDZUB
Gullett School is said to be an excellent new school.
Look up Amendment 1
Look up Florida and Bradenton's Budget.
Look up Bradenton Herald for local info.

Looking up things and I found some info you might not know.Me too!
Learning myself.

P.S/Still loving Florida./Back to Ct for a B/Day party in 2 weeks :-)

Last edited by New England Yankee; 03-26-2008 at 11:15 AM..

Old 03-26-2008, 01:32 PM

657 posts, read 1,682,581 times
oh thanx! actually gullet is on my list too. i forgot that one. i spend soo much time on this computer when im not doing what im supposed to be. lol.
i actually go on the bradenton herald everyday too. and i watch my news here and then go online to bay news 9 to check out florida. lol. my soul is in florida but unfortunately my frigen freezing body is here in ct. today is acutally not bad. sunny and somewhat warm.
can you tell me about my shot at getting into a postoffice job in bradenton or sarasota?
im thinking that might be a great place to start.
i cant wait to meet my new house and friends!!!!
we should all keep intouch!

Old 03-26-2008, 02:54 PM

177 posts, read 222,395 times
I am definately spending too much time on the net:-) Personally I wouldn't have voted for that Amenment 1.
Good to get informed.Yes we will have to see how things go with all the transplants.I like what someone wrote,"make good roots when you live in a new place or change your Pot".Good one.
I will have to try that Channel 9 news,seen it once it or twice,at least this way HZUP,you get to hear the good/bad for yourself,making it easier,if there is an "easier" to make your desision.
Think of the good/bad things about Ct and then weigh it all and you will now what is right for you.

Last edited by New England Yankee; 03-26-2008 at 03:54 PM..

Old 03-26-2008, 09:32 PM

69 posts, read 221,502 times
Did you ever think of the Sarasota area, you might have a better chance of finding a home with an in-law apartment. I have been out looking with a friend of mine and they have a friend that will be living with them so, they'll be needing a similiar set-up, we looked at several homes and some even had a seperate entrance. Sarasota has some good schools. Contact me and I'll give you some referrals on specific areas or if I can give you a little more info on Sarasota. Best wishes - Kim : )

Old 03-27-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftLadyKim View Post
Did you ever think of the Sarasota area, you might have a better chance of finding a home with an in-law apartment. I have been out looking with a friend of mine and they have a friend that will be living with them so, they'll be needing a similiar set-up, we looked at several homes and some even had a seperate entrance. Sarasota has some good schools. Contact me and I'll give you some referrals on specific areas or if I can give you a little more info on Sarasota. Best wishes - Kim : )
sarasota was my first choice. but i kept hearing how expensive it was. then i started researching schools and found east bradenton to be the better, then saw ashton elementary so im back to sarasota 34233 being a choice along with east bradenton.
my realator told me the house selection and neighborhood might be good for me in this sarasota area. its better to have more areas to look in.
i cant wait to look at houses for real. so stuck rite now...
i would love any helpful info i can get. thankyou

Old 03-27-2008, 06:03 AM

This is a good place to get info, as far as post office jobs Im not sure what's out there in that area. If you go to PATS at sarasota county ( think that's the website, PATS is Paperless applicant tracking system) it should pull up government jobs- all types. Also, check the publics work department for Bradenton. THey may have some clerical jobs, or others you may qualify for. This offers a good secure job with the city or government. Im not sure what your husband does, but I know Sarasota Department of Corrections is always looking..Thats all for now. Geeez I really need to do some work..

Old 03-27-2008, 06:53 AM

thanx oobie!
im not sure if my husband would like that job. lol. mabey ill apply! lol
my hubby right now drives truck for a lumber company. he want s a job out of the heat. he wont do well in the hot summer months. he doesnt do well here in the summer. that is the challange for me.. keeping him happy. he wants to move to florida... he loved it when we visited but then it was perfect weather and we were visiting. im a bit scared of it but he swears he wants to make the change and will be so much happier because we will have a lifestyle. we like it outside and just cant be out side. and he says also the problem here is just when you start to adjust to the climate, it changes. its so true. i know i will be fine. i love florida. im very happy were moving.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:34 AM

Im happy too! My husband hated the heat before we moved, I was very worried about him and his adjustment to the heat. With that in mind, he was also willing to make the move. Let me tell you: He loves it. AND he even works outside a good majority of the time. He agrees at times it can be much, but he wouldn't trade it any day for Chicago cold. He grills out and fishes all year!

Old 03-27-2008, 07:38 AM

How old are your kids Hdzup? I have a 2 YO daughter..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area