U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:40 AM

657 posts, read 1,677,093 times

Advertisements

you just made my day! im home now with my 3 yr old. to cold to do much.. shes into everything. i just picture how it will be when we are able to go to the park or to the beach or something.. where do you live? i told my husband... when he sells his snowmobile, we can just get a jetski. he will be fine im sure!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
How old are your kids Hdzup? I have a 2 YO daughter..
my girls are, just turned 3 and 5 (6 in may). my 5 yr old loves florida. cant wait to move either. how old are u and your hubby. im 38 and hes 37

Old 03-27-2008, 11:12 AM

1,939 posts, read 5,812,279 times
Just be positive, He'll be fine. Its so nice here, everyone is so friendly and happy. In Chicago the people are downright rude and cranky! The snowbirds are a bit to deal with but its worth it.
Im 31 and so is my hubby, we moved when my daughter was only 6 months old. We caught a lot of slack from family saying she was too young, but I didnt want to wait. I wanted this life for her- I hated the cold. She was born in January and didn't leave the house til May! I struggled to take her for walks, the weather was terrible. LOL My husband sold his motorcyle and we bought a boat! We are in Bradenton, but closer to NW area. We are about 15 minutes from the gulf. We aren't in an ideal area, its pretty crappy. We are renting in a dump apartment until the market gets better, its just scary right now. Renting gave us a lot of time to look around and discover soo much. Im lucky enough that my family relocated shortly after we did. They are struggling a bit though.
Have you had any bites on your house?

Old 03-27-2008, 11:16 AM

Oh and there is nothing like a day at the beach, its bathtime afterwards for sure- but I literally have to drag my daughter away from the beach. She loves the water and playing in the sand. Another advantage- swimming almost all year. She just turned 2 and is almost swimming! She will jump off the side of our pool into the deep end (with a floaty suit on) and do a huge cannon ball--It's hard to get used to though. The first year my hubby and I were here, we felt like we were on this giant vacay! Yikes, off to work I go.. i wish I could be a SAHM!

Old 03-27-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Just be positive, He'll be fine. Its so nice here, everyone is so friendly and happy. In Chicago the people are downright rude and cranky! The snowbirds are a bit to deal with but its worth it.
Im 31 and so is my hubby, we moved when my daughter was only 6 months old. We caught a lot of slack from family saying she was too young, but I didnt want to wait. I wanted this life for her- I hated the cold. She was born in January and didn't leave the house til May! I struggled to take her for walks, the weather was terrible. LOL My husband sold his motorcyle and we bought a boat! We are in Bradenton, but closer to NW area. We are about 15 minutes from the gulf. We aren't in an ideal area, its pretty crappy. We are renting in a dump apartment until the market gets better, its just scary right now. Renting gave us a lot of time to look around and discover soo much. Im lucky enough that my family relocated shortly after we did. They are struggling a bit though.
Have you had any bites on your house?
house will go on the market april 1st. hope we sell fast! where do u think youll buy?

Old 03-28-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
house will go on the market april 1st. hope we sell fast! where do u think youll buy?
We like East Bradenton alot, and have friends in Mill Creek, but I don't think we will buy in that area. The homes are a bit more expensive than our budget and the area can be very congested. The LWR area can be a pain during snowbird season, not to mention during high travel homes. They are expanding the main street (64) to 3 lanes soon and I don't want to have any part of that! We really like Parrish. It's north of East Bradenton on 301, about 15 minutes. Its a very new area, but growing fast. It's a bit more country like and not very built up. The homes are cheap and nice sized. We can get a 2000 sqft home for around 210K. It also allows us to take 301 into Bradenton. Schools aren't a huge concern since my daughter will be attending the private school I work for. However, Williams and Gullett are good schools for Parrish residents..

Old 03-28-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Yankee View Post
HDZUB
Gullett School is said to be an excellent new school.
Look up Amendment 1
Look up Florida and Bradenton's Budget.
Look up Bradenton Herald for local info.

Looking up things and I found some info you might not know.Me too!
Learning myself.

P.S/Still loving Florida./Back to Ct for a B/Day party in 2 weeks :-)
i sure hope the weather get s better here for you when you visit. you will be freezing. you will so appreciate your new home after you get back. the plane landing in ct this time of year is so brown and frozen. yuck!
how much property do you have in greyhawk? my friends brother in law lives there too. i was supposed to visit him when i was there but never got the chance. my realator lives there too. she loves it. i guess i cant completly rule it out.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:19 PM

177 posts, read 220,686 times
Hi Hdzup.Well in Greyhawk,none of the homes have a lot of land.Which is OK by us.
I see you would like a Mom in Law home.I haven't seen any of those but in the new areas you could probably buy a house next door to each other.
Also have you thought about renting.It would give you a chance to really look the area over and perhaps find a better price.Since it still is predicted prices are falling.

Last edited by New England Yankee; 03-29-2008 at 09:06 PM..

Old 03-30-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Yankee View Post
Hi Hdzup.Well in Greyhawk,none of the homes have a lot of land.Which is OK by us.
I see you would like a Mom in Law home.I haven't seen any of those but in the new areas you could probably buy a house next door to each other.
Also have you thought about renting.It would give you a chance to really look the area over and perhaps find a better price.Since it still is predicted prices are falling.
i know, everyone says to rent.. im just not likin that to much. esp coming with the inlaws. just want to get settled and stay put.. such a transition, ripping up your home and family and then going into a rent to move again. i just need stability and such.. im a brat. im thinking by the time we get to move the prices will drop some and i dont want to gamble to much with that, waiting to long.
im sure something will work out. i am seeing some houses that are very reasonable in parrish, and would give us a little extra to play with and we can add one on. my inlaws are living on social security and cant afford much so we will be helping them alot, and they will be with us and the grand kids. they love that.
our realator just came today to list us!!! yeahhhh!!! hope it sells fast.
ill keep posting.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:10 AM

39 posts, read 106,656 times
Speaking of inlaw apts. which I too would be interested in, my husband's parents are 84 and 88. I would HATE to see them in a home. I used to be an LPN and worked nursing homes, they are a shame. My mother is almost 70 now and her roommate of 15 years is almost 80. I will never let my mother in a home!! What about hospitals around Venice and North Port? I realize I'm jumping around the threads a bit here.. but there is so much involved in moving!! I have breast cancer and will need to jump right in with an oncologist. Is there one down there as good as Roswell Park ? I would seriously fly home just to keep with my dr. here at Roswell. We homeschool too, I put that on another board. I would like to know the homeschool atmosphere down there. NY is so oppressive. What about visitors? Do you FLA natives get allot of "fair weather friends"once you move down there? I really have enjoyed reading the posts.. How close is Disney from Venice area? Thanks everyone for being so friendly. I think the friendlies FLA people I met were the people in Treasure Island at this little bar accross from the BilMar Hotel. Ricky's Tavern? I think that was the name. What a crew!!! what food!! I just want to encourage folks to keep posting. I know i'm not the only one who really appreciates it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area