Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2018, 12:20 PM

25 posts, read 25,437 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon,
We are moving to Sarasota in a couple months. I'd like your opinion on apartments, condos and townhouse communities with pools. Doesn't have to be but it could be a 55 plus community. Must be pet friendly. When family comes I want them to feel comfortable and welcome at the pool. Which do you like best? Which ones do we stay away from? Thank you and have a great day!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 03:57 PM

4,565 posts, read 7,429,209 times
Pet friendly as in how many, breed and weight? Many rentals have specific restrictions on pets.

Old 04-14-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Pet friendly as in how many, breed and weight? Many rentals have specific restrictions on pets.
We have two fixed, well behaved cats. One indoor only. She sleeps 90% of the day. We know this because we installed security cameras in the house because I thought it would be fun to watch her when we were away and found out it was a waste of money. Our other, who is indoor/outdoor (she is leashed trained~ she thinks she's a dog). She came to us after hurricane Maria and Irma. Her owners left her after the hurricanes. So, instead of abandoning her...we adopted her!

Old 04-15-2018, 09:08 AM

744 posts, read 834,894 times
We use:
Sarasota Homes for Rent, Houses for Rent in Sarasota, Sarasota Rental Homes

This has some nice homes:
https://www.state27homes.com
Change the property type in the filter field to rental

Also the app:
My MLS app
Mfrmls.com

Old 04-15-2018, 02:28 PM

4,565 posts, read 7,429,209 times
You'll probably have to stick to apartments or look for a single family home to rent as most condo communities in our area do not allow tenants to have pets. I know of a couple that allow tenants to have 1 or 2 dogs, but not cats.

Unfortunately, dog owners have an easier time finding apartment rentals in our area than cat owners, but I can suggest some apartment complexes to try.

Traditions at Palm Aire (zip code 34243). I have a friend with 2 cats that lived there until she moved out of state last fall. I think they require a 1 year lease, they also require a separate pet deposit for each pet. It's a nice area, complex seems neat and well maintained, she was happy living there.

In that same Palm Aire area is Timberlake Apartments, they too allow cats.

Creekside Ranch located in Lakewood Ranch (34202) allows cats.

You can also try Saratoga Place and Arium on Palmer Ranch (34238) in south Sarasota.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:37 PM

Thank you so much for the suggestions. We'll check into them all. We just need a place to rent for a year or two until we check out the area and then buy a place.

We are looking on line at a place in Las Palmas on Bentgrass. But, there are no recent reviews. The older reviews state that getting your car towed was a huge problem to tenants and their guests. And a lot of people moved out because of it. Just wondering if anyone knows if that has been fixed or if it's still a problem.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:30 PM

744 posts, read 834,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by np206 View Post
We are looking on line at a place in Las Palmas on Bentgrass.
good location, close to the Interstate and Lakewood Ranch. Lots of dining options and access to almost anywhere you would want to go in the area. No idea about the actual property itself

Old 04-23-2018, 01:07 PM

33 posts, read 38,926 times
Went and checked out that community earlier this month. It is a great location, but I found the place itself to be a little run down. Gave off that cheap apartment vibe from what I saw driving around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area